Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Roy Rogers!

Today has been a great day, again. This morning, before going outside to clean the dog pens, I checked my e-mail and my dear friend Eileen, one of the famous Fab 4 Volunteers and one of the funniest people that I know on the planet, cracked me up with her hilarious comment that she made on last nights blog and I have been laughing about it all day. Eileen wrote:

"Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie! Ronnie may have built you a kitchen table and Outer Space but he can't build what I'm about to give you on Friday morning when I get there to walk the dogs!!! Hint: Think pink, pretty and slim! That's all I'm gonna say! One more: Merlin's penmate! November 30, 2011 12:04 AM

So, I answered her comment:
"Hi, Eileen! I cannot wait to see you on Friday—since we will have much to TALK about on our Princess Phones that you bought for us! I'm going to call Ronnie now and tell him about it!" Then I went outside and did my chores and then I totally forgot to call Ronnie and I am blaming it on being sixty or M.I.R.
I didn't work on the Roy Rogers Wall today, because I was tired from all of the remodeling that Tony and I had done yesterday, but tomorrow I plan to "git-ur-done," as Larry The Cable Guy would say, that is right behind Ronnie's custom kitchen table that he made for me—that I love.

Early this evening—O. Henry, our great German Short Haired Pointer, found his forever home in Grand Prairie, in North Texas and we are so thrilled for him and we have our fingers crossed that it will work out for him, because we really liked Cindy and Ray! 


And that is about it for tonight, because I need to call Kinky to tell him about O. getting adopted and to tell Ronnie about Eileen getting me a precious, pink Princess Phone, so he doesn't buy me one for my writing cabin.
Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain and that O. Henry works out with his new family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,
Just wanted to give you an update on O.Henry. He is getting settled in well. I have several pictures to send you and will try to do that this next week. All his new roomies really like him. Sunday (found her on a Sunday) the English Pointer loves to rough house with him. Bill (the Brittany spaniel his dog house mate) has found out he needs to keep a tight hold on his toy or Henry takes it out of his mouth in a flash. Henry lets Bill retrieve the toy and then grabs it and gives it to me. Ray will work on his retrieving skills this winter. Henry figured out that the dog house heat lamp feels pretty good on a cold night. He has also pulled all the blankets out of the houses so he can lay on them on the porch. Bill used to do this so he's like "right on Henry, blanket party". He's a good boy and I think he likes his new home.

I'll send pictures soon.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Update on Henry (we took the O. off since it sounds too close to No) With a little help from Bill (the Brittany spaniel) I taught Henry how to retrieve today. He picks up the toy very gently, shakes it once to make sure it knows who's boss and brings it back to me or Ray.

Cindy