Tuesday, November 22, 2011

M.I.R.!

First off, the reason that I didn't write last night was because I could not quit reading the book that Kent's sweet wife Joan, the amazing woman that used to run around naked in Africa's forests, asked Ellen to give to me, last Friday.

Yesterday, around 4:00, after I had taken care of all of my rescue ranch business and was badly needing a break from it all, Mama and I went outside to the cabin, so I could relax and play my guitar.

For over two hours, while Mama snored peaceably, on the newly reupholstered couch, I happily played my guitar until my fingers were killing me. After packing up my guitar, but still wanting to stay in the cabin, I decided to start reading Joan's book that she gave to me, Why Is God Laughing? by Deepak Chopra and because I found it to be very interesting, Mama and I didn't come home until eight o'clock and I didn't put the book down until I had finished reading it and then I went straight to bed. Thank you, Joan—I loved the book and we can't wait for another fun visit with you and Kent!


Today has turned out to be one hilarious day. This morning while Tony did his and my chores outside—I stayed inside and with the help of Hazel, we deep cleaned Nellybelle, again, because our super volunteers will be here, early Thanksgiving morning, to help us cook and serve our dogs their annual Thanksgiving Dinner and I wanted our trailer to look like T. and I don't live here. But before Hazel and I went to work, I prepared Ronnie's delicious chicken recipe and then I put it in the oven to bake for one hour and forty-five minutes, so it would be ready in time for our lunch.

Before Tone and I ate our lunch, we rescued Little Sister, a darling, three-month-old Chihuahua pup that had been dumped at our friend's ranch front gate and then we had an unexpected fun time with some visitors, from Fredericksburg, who wanted to see our rescue ranch before going to Lost Maples State Park, to take some pictures.

The minute that we met Eve and Stephen K. Morris—we liked them, so I gave them a tour of our rescue ranch. And by the time the tour was over, I invited them to go into Outer Space with us, so Stephen could play my awesome guitar, that Ronnie made for me, so we could hear some of his music and it was totally fantastic.

After the first song he sang, Eve accompanied him on vocals on his second song and Tony and I were mesmerized by his/their beautiful music, so Tone then gave them a tour of his hallway photography gallery, that Hazel and I had just cleaned, thank goodness, because they were also into photography.


While they admired T.'s pictures, in the hall, with Mama sniffing their butts, I secretly signed a quick note to them on my second book, Meanwhile Back At The Rescue Ranch: The Dog Days Of Cousin Nancy, because I wanted to give them a copy and I was sick that I was out of my first book, because I wanted to give it to them, too.

Before Eve and Stephen left, I invited them into my cabin, so they could see how cool it was and that is when Tony and I found out that Stephen K. Morris has a new CD coming out real soon and we can't wait to buy it, because he is so talented!  So, please check out Stephen K. Morris, from Fredericksburg, because he is on Facebook and fixin' to become really famous—like Jim Keaveny is going to be.

After eating Ronnie's delicious lunch, we picked up our mail and I instantly became semi-depressed, because I have been summoned for jury duty, in Kerrville, on December 6th, because December is the busiest time of the year for me and I don't like judging people, which is a little odd, because Libras are supposed to be great at being Judges.

After we dropped Little Sister off at Hoegemeyer's, to get her shots, etc. we went straight over to Wolfmueller's Books, to see our great friends Sandy and Jon, because we have missed them and I needed to be cheered up. And during our fun visit with them, they teased me about having to do jury time. "Well, I'm blaming it on M.I.R. (Mercury in retrograde.), I declared, "Mercury goes in retrograde in two days through December 14th and..."

This evening at 5:50 the phone rang—it was Sandy, "Nancy, you're not going to believe this. We just got home and guess what?"

"What?"

"I've got jury duty on December 6th, too," then Sandy and I burst out laughing.

"....Well, I am going to dress real sloppy and wear a sweatshirt, but the good news is we can do lunch together and...."

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain and Happy Birthday, Woody!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Ronnie's guitar, Ronnie's chicken recipe, Ronnie's this, Ronnie's that ... when will it ever stop? Never, you say! OK! You and I will be the proud, new owners of two Pink Princess Phones within a matter of days, Nancy! Just thought that would make you smile!

cousin nancy said...

OMG! Eileen, you are way too sweet! And I am grinning ear-to-ear! I can't wait to put your Pink Princess phone in my cabin, because then it will be complete! Thank you, so very much!