Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Real Cowgirls Always Saddle Their Own Horse!

Yesterday was a really great day for two reasons. Reason one, was Kinky, Tony, Rambam and I met Nancy D. from Chicago, our dear, longtime friend, for a really fun lunch, in Kerrville, with her Austin friend Patty.

We laughed so much about life and I nearly choked to death, when Kinky and Rambam took turns telling us their hilarious story about Rambam actually giving Kinky the Heimlich maneuver and saving his life, in a swanky restaurant in Kerrville, many, many years ago, when Kinky had choked on some roast beef. And, the people in the crowded restaurant there kept staring at us, as we sat at a table in the back of the restaurant, because we were laughing so hard at the way Rambam and Kinky jokingly told their choking story.

After our really fun lunch, I jumped into Patty's car and Nancy jumped into Trigger with Tony and we followed them back to the rescue ranch so we could visit more. After we had caught up with each other's lives and had laughed way too much, inside the trailer, we went into Outer Space to enjoy the beautiful weather and to continue the good time that we were having.

Before we headed over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky, Tony and I showed Nancy and Patty my newly decorated writing cabin and they loved it as much as we do. "Y'all, Tony is so sweet!" I said. "Yesterday, while I was doing some paperwork inside the trailer, he snuck outside to my cabin and put new batteries in all of my non-running clocks and then he set them to the correct time for me, because I had told him that I was planning on doing it, as soon as I had the time..."

After a great visit with Kinky, The Friedmans and us, Nancy and Patty hugged all of us and then we adios-ed each other and then they took off for Austin and we took off for the rescue ranch, so we could call Carol to invite her to come over for happy hour, inside the cabin, because she had not seen how I had decorated it.

Twenty minutes later, the other half of our exclusive, two members only, Cowgirl Sisterhood said, "Nancy, I love it! It is so beautiful and it feels so cozy..." While Carol uncorked my expensive bottle ($9.95 at H-E-B) of Cowgirl Sisterhood fine red wine, she made a toast to our friendship, "As a really famous Kerrville cowgirl once said, "Real cowgirls always saddle their own horse! To us!" Then our happy hour officially began, as my music serenaded the three of us inside the wannabe pink pub.

Today has been great, even though Pilgrim was returned to us early this morning. Pilgrim was returned because he just wasn't working out with their dogs and it was fine with us, because Pilgrim was glad to see us.

This afternoon after Tony and I went over to Rambam's beautiful ranch for a fun visit with him, we went to H-E-B to pick up some groceries and then we came home and that is about it for now.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain!

No comments: