Saturday, November 19, 2011

What Would Ronnie Do?

Yesterday was a total blast for me and it started early, when our fabulous volunteers: June, Ellen, Eileen, (Lisa, couldn't make it because she was out of town.), Jim, Roy and Della came out and walked our dogs for us and our dogs loved it. We are so lucky to have these great, dedicated volunteers helping us out here, because when they come out they make our dogs so happy and they also keep Tony and me laughing with their fun-loving, humorous stories and teasing.

For example, during a break yesterday, while I was showing-off my pretty, pink, newly redecorated writing cabin to June, Ellen and Eileen, which they adored, of course, I was telling them about my road trip to Ron and Nita's, last Saturday and how much fun that I had with them and then I started bragging about my brother Ronnie being a fabulous cook and his two delicious recipes that he gave to me and having cooked Ronnie's bread and chicken recipes for Ben and Tony's lunch, the day before and how much they had loved it. Then I laughed out loud and said, "While we ate lunch yesterday Ben and Tony started teasing me about how much I idolized my older brother, saying things like: "Ronnie made it! He's the best! The guitars he makes sound better than Martins. Ronnie told me, etc." So, after they had stopped kidding me about Ronnie, I told T. and Ben, "Y'all are just jealous of Ronnie."

Eileen, Ellen and June started laughing and teasing me repeating the same Ronnie things that Tony and Ben had said. When we were finally done laughing about my super brother being my hero, which he really is, of course, Eileen and I started talking about having had and not having Princess telephones when we were young and by the time that hilarious discussion ended, we decided that she needed a pink Princess telephone and I needed a pink Princess telephone for my cozy cabin. Then we left the cabin, so they could go walk some dogs, before they met Ben, Tony and me at Koyote for a late lunch.

While we ate lunch there I started bragging about Ronnie being a great songwriter and musician and that he wrote a beautiful song about me when I left Austin and moved to Utopia, in 1995 and they ganged up on me and started teasing me, all over again, saying hilarious things like, Ronnie Rules! Just ask Ronnie! Don't know? Call 1-800-ASKRON, etc. Then June brought the house down when she says, in between laughs, "We're going on a vacation and it is 987.3 miles from Ronnie!"

Then they started up again, "Oh, it's only forty miles west of Ronnie, Don't leave home without knowing where Ronnie is, Love me—Love Ronnie!"

Having to make myself quit laughing, because my back was killing me, I joked, "Well, I have a great surprise for y'all. All of you are going to get to meet Ronnie, because he's going to be at the Bonefit, in December! And the last thing that I am going to say about my sweet brother is, "Whenever I am trying to solve a problem, I always ask myself, "What would Ronnie do?" And, then it was their turn to roar with laughter.

Before we all adios-ed each other to go home, Eileen says, "I have a new mission statement to make and it is; I am going to find Nancy and me pink Princess phones!" And everyone thought it was really cool, except for me, because I loved it.

After Buttermilk had safely returned Ben, Tone and me to the rescue ranch I returned a few phone calls, while they worked outside. When my daily business had been taken care of, I decided to paint a picture for my cabin, in honor of Ronnie, because it would always make me and my friends laugh every time that we saw it, because it would remind us of our little private joke and would make others wonder, "Who the heck is Ronnie?"

Twenty minutes later, I put up my acrylic paints and brushes, because my faster-piece was completed and signed by me and that is when Ben and Tony walked inside the trailer. "Y'all, come take a look at my new painting for the cabin. I've named it, What Would Ronnie Do?!" And then they burst out laughing to hide their jealousy of Ronnie.


Around 4:30, when Ben was fixin' to leave to go back home to Austin, Carol called about having a Cowgirl Sisterhood bored meeting and thirty minutes later, we were no longer bored, because we were laughing about the Ronnie jokes, inside my cute, little cabin with Tony, being our guest cowboy.

After the sun had hid itself behind the mountain and it was totally dark outside, we were still inside my cabin, laughing and listening to my music until we were scared-to-death by a loud knock on the door!
To Be Continued... (Sorry, Mari.)

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain! And please buy some tickets and go to our Bonefits, so one day you can proudly brag, "I've met Ronnie! It was on December 17, 2011 at The Springs Music Hall, in Salado, Texas and..."

1 comment:

Karin Pohlmann said...

It is a beutiful painting and you should sell it on ebay like former ones.. And where is he nice dog in front?