Thursday, December 1, 2011

Another Aspirin!

Today has been great, but I am physically exhausted this evening, because this morning, after I did The Harley Show, I grabbed our cordless drill and started taking down the tin on my Roy Rogers Wall. And by the time Tony got home, all of the tin wall was removed and I had just finished cooking his breakfast.

After we had done our outside chores, Tony set up our portable work shop on the front porch and then we discussed how we were going to tackle the Roy Wall. Right before Tone screwed the first board to the wall, I was on the phone talking to my good friend Jon Wolfmueller about Sandy's and my December 6th jury duty and then I interrupted Jon, "No, Tony. I think it needs to go all of the way up to the top. Sorry, Jon..." And after a few more of my "amateur armchair carpenter" remarks I made to Tony, Jon started laughing.

"Listen, I'll talk to you later, because I can tell you're really busy."

"That sounds good, Jon, because if I keep helping Tony he's going to throw his drill at me," I joked. Then we adios-ed each other and then I went into action: measuring, chopping boards and then screwing them to the wall, like Tony was already doing.

Tonight, as I finish writing this in the kitchen, admiring our beautiful, finished Roy Rogers Wall, I am sitting on Mari's pretty, pink sheepskin, because my back is killing me, my shoulders ache like never before, my knees are begging me to stand still, my arms are asking me to please take another Aspirin, with my fingers sore from holding screws and getting poked by them—I am still smiling, because I love our new Roy Rogers Wall. So before I sign off tonight I want to thank T. for helping me turn a beautiful, old trailer into my wannabe cabin.



I am fixin' to watch a movie and then go to bed early, because I am so tired, because tomorrow is going to be an exciting day for me, because our volunteers are coming out to walk our dogs and sweet Eileen is bringing me the precious, pink Princess Phone, that she bought for me, for my writing cabin. Life is good.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

I love the new look, Nancy! Lay flat on that sheepskin and pull something warm OVER you too and that wool will warm that aching back and shoulders and help you feel a little better.

BTW there is talk of not only rain this weekend but maybe even SNOW!

Y'all stay warm and safe now, y'hear?

Karin Pohlmann said...

Great! I could need such a skillful carpenter because I have to look for a new home, unfortunately not in Texas....