Saturday, November 5, 2011

Good Vibes!

Today has been great. After doing our morning chores outside I worked on repairing the damages done inside my writing cabin by Missy and Emmylou Harris and then I began deep cleaning it. Even though I am not totally finished with cleaning The Bunkhouse—I am thrilled about how good it looks inside and out and I love the good vibes that it gives off.

Late this afternoon, after we were officially closed to the public, I grabbed my guitar and went out to The Bunkhouse with Mama and Mama loved my writing cabin as much as I do. While I finger-picked some new songs, Mama snored and slept peacefully on the couch that I recently reupholstered and when my fingers "were done for the day," Mama didn't want to leave my cabin and go back to the trailer and neither did I, because it feels so good inside there.

So, because I need to take a little "me time," tonight Mama and I are fixin' to go back to my cozy cabin, so I can do some more writing on my next book, while listening to my music and she snores the night away.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain and don't forget to set your clocks back!

3 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Ok so I, as a Roy Rogers devotee, am disappointed that you, also a Roy Rogers devotee, did not mention his 100th birthday in your blog.

Some things just cry out for mention and your blog reaches out to the masses!

cousin nancy said...

Hi, Mari! You know that I love Roy Rogers as much as you do or maybe even more, because I wished that the bad guys would capture Dale, every Saturday morning and drag her off so I could marry him, when I was only seven-years-old.

I have been so busy around here that I did not read your e-mail about Roy's 100th birthday until it was too late to post it on the 5th, his birthday.

Roy Rogers and you rule in my book—so all I can say is, "Happy Trails to you, Roy and me. Are we doing lunch this week?

Mari of the NoMads said...

You BET we're doing lunch and I'll phone you about the day, but I gotta admit (and I know you understand) that I hope we're RAINED OUT on Monday and maybe Tuesday! It's DESPERATE out here!

Thought of you and Tony today, as I sat at the Rockbox enjoying the cowboy music of the English Brothers. Now THAT was a way to remember Roy!