Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hello, Walls! or If Walls Could Talk!

Today has been a really great day for me, but I am pretty tired right now, because of all of the remodeling that Tony and I did inside Nellybelle, our beloved 1983 trailer, that I bought on "the payment plan" for only $7,000.00 from my dear friends Bob and Helen W.,  in 1995, when I left Austin and moved to Utopia to start a new life for myself, after Jim had died.

This morning, when our chores were done outside and after I had taken care of some rescue ranch business inside, we carefully removed the tin from the kitchen walls, that we had put up in 2001, two days after the 911 attack on New York City, because I could not deal with the devastation and the lives lost and when I saw the old wall paper I took this picture of it, so I could remember it, before we started covering it with 1"x 4" pine from Sweden. And yes, the cheapest pine, at Home Depot in Kerrville, was imported from Sweden and it only cost $2.58 for an eight foot board. We bought 20 sticks of it and put it on our credit card, so it was free, until we get our bill for it and have to start paying it off on their payment plan!


Late this afternoon, I asked Tone to call Carol for me, to invite her to come over, so she would be the first to see my "Wannabe-Carol-Kitchen, because I needed to go outside to quickly spray paint, a second coat of pink, on my old spice rack, that I made over thirteen years ago.


Ten minutes later, after T. and me had rushed around putting up drills, scrap lumber, spices and returning pictures to the walls, etc., Carol arrived. When she walked inside the trailer she said, "OMG! I love it, y'all! It is so beautiful and I love the pink spice rack..." 

"We aren't finished with it yet," I said. "We still have to do the wall behind the kitchen table, that I love, that Ronnie built for me, when I was fixing to move to Utopia." And then we had a super fun visit with our dear friend, from down the road. And here are a few picts that I took earlier this evening of my "Wannabe Carol Kitchen." And I hope that you like them, as much as I love the cozy room that I am sitting in right now, typing this on Ronnie's kitchen table, that he custom made for me in thirty minutes at his and Nita's Ronderosa Ranch.



Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for us to get some more rain! I'm fixin' to go to bed right now, because there is more Swedish pine to put up tomorrow, in my pretend log cabin that I always dreamed about having!

P.S. It looks like O. Henry, our great, German Short Haired Pointer is going to finally find his forever home tomorrow and he will spend his life in Grand Prairie, Texas. So, please keep your fingers crossed for him. Good night.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie! Ronnie may have built you a kitchen table and an outer space but he can't build what I'm about to give you on Friday morning when I get there to walk the dogs!!! Hint: Think pink, pretty and slim! That's all I'm gonna say! One more: Merlin's penmate!

cousin nancy said...

Hi, Eileen! I cannot wait to see you on Friday—since we will have much to TALK about on our Princess Phones that you bought for us! I'm going to call Ronnie now and tell him about it!