Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Was The Best Ever—Thanks To Our Wonderful Volunteers!

We had the best Thanksgiving. Thursday morning, Tony and I were up bright and early to get ready for our friends aka the best volunteers in Texas, arrival, so they could help us prepare and serve our super dogs their Thanksgiving dinner.

By dawn's early break we had all of the buckets, pans and food inside the trailer.


Then Tony went outside to clean the dog pens, while I started cooking the mixed vegetables, which filled the oven and stove top. By 8:30, Tony was back inside and everything was going as planned, which surprised me since M.I.R. (Mercury in retrograde.) was in full force and had already started messing with me.

At 9:00 our friends / volunteers arrived and after handshakes, howdies and hugs we all came inside the trailer to do The Drill


Before the volunteers got busy, under Tone's supervision, I joked, "Tony is in charge and he wants y'all to say, "Yes, sir." Then T. started giving out orders. 

"Divide the eggs up into the three buckets," and the volunteers got to cracking. "Olive oil is next. Okay, now add the cheese..." Then Tony showed them how to mix up the food with the drill, with it's long paddle while we shot him with our cameras!


And here are a few pictures that Eileen and I took of the Utopia Drill Team:

Ellen

Jonathan giving it a spin.

Toto helping us.

Kim, the squad leader, showing us how the South Africans do it.

Jo applying her Waco technique.

Toto, right in the middle of it.

And, Lisa winding it up.

Then they divided up the gourmet dinner into five buckets while Ellen and I shoved 48 warmed rolls into an H-E-B thermal tote bag and then we went outside and served our dogs their annual Thanksgiving Dinner.

Lisa serving Princess and Merlin.

Eileen and Lisa visiting with Lois Lane.

Lois Lane taking Lisa for a walk.

Chuck & Lisa and Lynn & Carol

Carol and me.

The way-too-cool sisters, Jo, Ellen and June.

Jo, her son Jonathan and me.

Kim out of Africa.

Eileen, Tony, me and Lisa.

On behalf of Kinky, Tony, our dogs and me, we want to thank these wonderful, dedicated volunteers for making this the best Thanksgiving ever!

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain, because it is working! We got over one inch of rain last night!

No comments: