Saturday, November 13, 2010

He Didn't Eat Much!

Today has been great. This morning after I walked eight miles with Leslie, my dear friend Cindy called. "Hi Cindy! How is Northern New Mexico treating you?" After she told me how amazingly great it was and how much she loved living there, we visited for nearly an hour catching up with each others news.

First, we talked about my new teeth and she was thrilled for me. Then she told me a little about the next documentary that she and her son, Andy are planning to do, but it is a secret right now, so my lips are sealed. All I can say right now is, "It is going to be totally awesome and I can't wait to see it!"

Before saying goodbye to each other I remembered something else I wanted to tell her. "Cindy, I love those hoodie sweatshirts that you sent to me of the Seven Teachings! I wear one of them every day." Cindy chuckled.

"I'm glad. Which ones did I send to you?"

"The Bear, the Turtle, the Wolf and the Buffalo. Every time I wear one of them, some one always comments and compliments me about them." Then Cindy told me about their new store online.

"We've got beautiful handmade jewelry of the Seven Teachings, hoodies and posters by Jonathan Warm Day and our DVD's."Then she gave me the address so I could look it up online and because I wanted to mention it tonight on my post, so y'all can check it out.

After we hung up, as I was looking at the beautiful items for sale on the 8th Fire.org the phone rang—it was Kinky. It was no big deal. He just had a question to ask me.

Near noon, while I was down on the floor "doing Thunder's nails" with the battery operated Pedi-Paws, Ellen called, so I let Carlton take the call. "Hi, Nancy. It's Ellen. Call me." Click. As Thunder's nails grew shorter I worried that maybe Buddy, the giant goat wasn't working out.

A little while later when Tony walked inside the trailer I was still doing Thunder's nails, so I asked him to call Ellen for me. As I grinded, T. punched in Charlie and Ellen Cooper's phone number. Within seconds he started laughing, as he talked to Ellen. Four minutes later when he hung up the phone he said, "Buddy is doing great. They love him and Buddy follows Mr. Cooper everywhere he goes and he is never over five feet away from him at any time. She told me that this morning Mr. Cooper let Buddy go inside their huge greenhouse with him and a little while later when they came out, they asked how Buddy did. Mr. Cooper said, "He didn't eat that much!"" T. and I started laughing.

After lunch I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky for a few minutes. When I arrived, he and Frank were in the kitchen eating their lunch, which Kinky had cooked and it looked scrumptious and smelled delicious. Kinky told me that it was shrimp and sausage in a tomato sauce with garlic, onions and a few other spices, over pasta.

As they ate, I told them the latest news on Buddy and they were thrilled with it and they laughed. "He is one very lucky goat," Kinky said, and Frank agreed by nodding his head up and down, because he had food in his mouth.

A little after four o'clock I went back over to the Lodge and watched some college football with him. We watched Penn State vs. Ohio State. When I sat down Penn State was ahead in the middle of the third quarter and we were glad, so after a few minutes of watching the game we decided to take a football break and go outside and sit on the porch with The Friedmans for a few minutes.

When we came back inside the Lodge, Kinky said, "OMG." Ohio State had made a touchdown and they were now ahead, so we sat back down and stared at the television in silence. When the fourth quarter started I came back home and listened to the game as I did some housework and that is about it for today.

Tonight I am going to fix some popcorn and watch a movie, but I don't know which one, yet.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Brenda James said...

I hear there is a great western out now, Palo Pinto Gold. Maybe you should watch it tonight, darlin'. :)