Saturday, November 20, 2010

Good Night, Mama!

Today has been great. Because of the full moon we had a ton of visitors come out today, so we spent much of the day meeting nice people and giving tours of the rescue ranch.

A little after noon a super nice woman came out with her son and her friend to look at our dogs. Thirty minutes later after the friend had met all of our dogs, she fell in love with Rockett! Twenty minutes later after the sweet woman had played with Rockette in her pen she said, "I love this dog and I definitely want to adopt her, but it will take me a few days before I can take her home, because I need to repair my backyard fence..." T. and I were thrilled and I am sure that Rockette knew that she was going to get adopted soon, because her tail would not quit wagging.

After they drove away, Diane and her family arrived to adopt Jill. As her grown son gently held Jill in his arms as we walked to their car, Diane said, "I know that I can help Jill get over her fears and I really think it is going to work. I am a Special Ed teacher in San Antonio and I have a lot of patience..."

Tony and I really like Diane and her family. They were soft-spoken and gentle with Jill. After they drove away I told Tone, "I really think it is going to work this time." And T. agreed with me, as we walked to the trailer to eat our lunch.

This evening I am going to finish up my decorating at last. I enjoy decorating, but I am glad that I am nearly done with it and so are Tony and our dogs. Right now, Mama is sleeping soundly on the newly painted rug in the big room as I type this. When I got my camera out to take a picture of her sleeping, she woke up when she heard my Sony's startup noise. Then Mama stood up, stretched and then walked slowly past me, into our bedroom and just jumped up on our bed. Good night, Mama.

Y'all have a great evening! (I've got some things to do.  : )

No comments: