Sunday, November 14, 2010

First, Second And Third Quarters!

Today has been a quiet day. This morning I only walked six miles and then Hazel came out of the closet  and we deep cleaned the trailer, the front porch and then we went into Outer Space. When she went into the closet I took a short, but sleepless nap with Mama, because she either kept trying to pet my face with her heavy front paws or hugging me too tight while making happy sounds.

I spent the first, second and third quarters of the Dallas Cowboys football game catching up with my e-mail and I am thrilled that the Cowboys are back. I am sick about Coach Wade Phillips being fired, because I met him while working for the TCU Football Office back in the late 70's when his father Bum was down in Houston, in his coaching heyday with Earl Campbell, who I also got to meet when he stepped out of a sauna in the TCU workout room, but I have already told you about that. Anyway, I hope the Cowboys win today.

Even though I had over sixty e-mails to respond to I especially enjoyed reading Cheryl & Walt's funny note, because it made me laugh out loud—I love these people. And Mari of the Nomads e-mails always make me laugh and smile, too. Thank y'all!

Mari is probably right now on her way to Kerrville with her friends to see the Flash Cadillac concert that I wish that I could have gone to, but couldn't, because I am night blind and will not drive in the dark, because it is too dangerous.

There are eight minutes left in the football game and New York almost made a touchdown! So, I am going to stop writing and watch the finish of this exciting game. Go Cowboys!

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Nancy, I have to admit when Flash Cadillac was playing "Night Train", we were all wishing there was one between Utopia and Kerrville so you could be there with us last night!

The audience (ok, so we were a part of same and were as uninhibited as everyone else)brought the house down with everyone standing up and 'raising hands up to "SHOUT"' and then later doing the 'Twist' in the aisles, not to mention some of the couples who were dancing to some great 50's-60's oldies, like "When A Man Loves A Woman".

We'll have to advise anyone scheduling a repeat performance for Flash Cadillac to try one in daylight hours, so you can be there and enjoy it with all of us!

We really missed you!