Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater!

Today has been great. This morning, as already planned, this super nice couple came out to check out our dogs, because they were hoping to adopt one. They fell in love with the first one we showed them, so we took this mystery dog for a fun walk down to the creek.

When we returned the wife told her husband that she wanted to adopt this dog and he totally agreed with her. So we had a great adoption this morning, but until we make sure that her adoption sticks I am not going to tell her name or show her adoption picture. So please keep your fingers crossed for her.

This afternoon my dear friend Mari sent me an interesting e-mail about her making pumpkin muffins, that were totally delicious. In her note she wrote that it was an incredibly easy recipe to make, because it only has two ingredients: Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic Yellow Cake mix and a 15 oz. can of Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin. And all you have to do is mix these two ingredients together, pour batter into a muffin pan and Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Mari also told me that her sweet husband, David, put honey on his muffin and he thought it was absolutely delicious and a friend told her that she might want to add cinnamon and serve it with whipping cream.

So this afternoon when Tony and I went to Medina, so I could buy some more paint for my RV, at the Medina Ace Hardware store, we made a quick stop, at The Old Timer, so I could purchase the ingredients needed for Mari's Pumpkin Muffins recipe.

When we got back home I immediately made Mari's Pumpkin Muffins, but I added two tablespoons of cinnamon, as Mari's friend had suggested. And they were totally delicious even before I added the Reddi-Wip, (that's how it is spelled on the can.) that I had also purchased, at The Old Timer. And because Tony is not a Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater, he chose not to eat one of Cousin Nancy's Perfect Pumpkin Muffins and that's okay with me, because I love my new recipe. (Sorry, Mari. It's my recipe now and I bet that you already knew that I would steal it from you.)


And that's about it for tonight, because I am fixin' to watch three uninterrupted hours of NASA's Unexplained Files, that I recorded two days ago and this morning.

Y'all have a great evening! And try my newest, stolen recipe!

No comments: