Friday, July 4, 2014

We're Earthing On July 4th! or I'm On Fire!

Today has been great and Happy Fourth of July to all! Last night I ran out of time to post anything, because Tony and I went to the Home Depot, in Kerrville, so I could buy sand, for my Earthing Project.

I had stumbled upon this site about Earthing and after reading all it had to say about us reconnecting to Earth, by just walking or sitting barefoot on grass, dirt or sand, to receive better health. So I could not wait to make a place for Tony and me to kick off our boots and socks and sink them into sand.

When I went over to my best friend, Carol, this afternoon, I told her about Earthing and she found it very interesting, too. So, early this evening after I got back home I grabbed my iPod, my portable Bose, a steak knife, camera and our metal dog food scooper. Then I jumped into Buttermilk and drove over to Mandy and Bandy's pen to single-handed build an Earthing Zone for Tony and me to use for at least one hour everyday.

As all of the dogs were watching me I first I started up my iPod and selected one of my newest favorite songs, I'm On Fire by Town Mountain. Then I cranked up the volume so the dogs could enjoy it too. And they loved it as much as me, so I kept replaying it, as I stole some rocks that surrounded a nearby tree, I built a rock circle, then hand-scooped two sacks of sand inside the ring.

Then Tony showed up and when he saw me scooping the sand, he pulled out his knife and ripped open the two sand bags and poured them inside the circle. Then he helped me install our three new solar powered lights, then he went to The Okay Corral to bring back two of our metal rocking chairs, while I drove up to our front porch to bring back a small metal table, that Beau likes to sit on. And a few minutes later, Tony and I pulled off our boots and socks and had our feet resting in the sand.

One hour later, I came inside and downloaded the pictures I had taken during the making of my (Tony's) Earthing project and made a video, using Town Mountain's Bluegrass version of I'm On Fire.

I hope that you will check out the article on Earthing and my newly posted YouTube video— July 4, 2014— Cousin Nancy's Earthing Project, which is only 2 minute long, because you've got to hear Springsteen's famous song done Bluegrass style. I promise that you will love it and want to add it to your songs, while building your own Earthing Zone!


Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

m said...

Your post inspired me to go out front and water our 4 x 6 foot patch of coastal bermuda that has somehow established itself and survived where once there was bare dirt and rocks. After the ground was moistened I pulled out the few silver nightshades and pigweed plants that were trying to grow amidst the grass.

Now David and I will have an earthy place to go "barefootin'" for our health, too!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari. I love Earthing and I hope that you will give me updates on what you and David think about it. Tony and I love doing it and tonight I am taking my guitar outside and play it while we're Earthing together!