Thursday, July 31, 2014

Is That Gumby!

Today has been great and I am running behind tonight, because I have been outside refilling the dog's wading pools with fresh, clean water. And I bet by morning the pools will be back to looking muddy again. Oh well.

This morning when I cooked Tony's breakfast, I heated up some of the leftover bacon and cheese grits to go with his two over easy eggs, that he covers in hot sauce. Then I made myself a healthy smoothie. And while I was drinking my delicious drink I decided to cook Mama breakfast too, because the grits were still warm, in the oven and you know how much Mama loves my grits.

I cooked the exact same breakfast that I had cooked for Tony, except for adding the hot sauce. After I had ground up her pill I mixed into the grits and then put the two over easy eggs on top of the grits and mixed them together. And the whole time I was preparing Mama's breakfast—Mama was watching me. And the good news is—Mama licked her bowl clean, again!

This afternoon Tony and I went to Kerrville. First, we ate a delicious lunch at La Fours and as we were driving down Junction Highway we got stopped at the Five Points signal light. As we waited for the light to turn green, I looked over to the left and said, "Tony, look at that! Is that Gumby?" He looked to the left and then we both started laughing.

"No, it's not Gumby. It's supposed to be a slice of pizza and he is probably trying to draw attention to that new pizza place, Papa Murphy's Take N Bake Pizza, behind him." This person had to be young to be dressed up like a giant slice of pizza, on this hot day and we were having a blast watching him jump up into the air and then run up and down the sidewalk and then start dancing nonstop. He was fabulous and we laughed about it until we arrived at Wolfmueller's Books!

Jon greeted us, from behind the counter, as we walked inside his and Sandy's super cool bookstore. "Where's Sandy?" Tony asked. After Jon told us that she was shopping, Tony started telling Jon about his new GoPro Hero+ Silver Edition camera. And the more Tony raved about his early birthday present the more he got excited.

"It sounds really cool," Jon said. "You ought to buy a drone for it. Then you could fly the camera all over the ranch." All of us started laughing.

"I wonder how much a drone costs?" I asked.

"Four-hundred and ninety-nine dollars," Tony quipped. Then Jon and I burst out laughing.

"Looks like Tony really wants a drone," Jon teased. "He already knows what a drone costs...."

After a really fun visit with Jon, Tony walked and I skipped across the street, because we were going to the Kerrville Arts and Cultural Center, to check out our dear friend Gerri Dickerson's four paintings, that were included in the art exhibit.

We thought Gerri's paintings were incredibly beautiful and I told Tony that I wish that I could paint like her. "I wish you could, too," Tony teased. After viewing the art exhibit, I browsed around their gift shop while Tony signed up to become a member of the Kerr Arts and Cultural Center.

While I was admiring some jewelry under glass, this heart necklace, on the counter, caught my eye and I could not quit staring at it, because I loved it. When I showed it to Tony—he bought it for me. So this is what I'll be wearing, around my neck, tomorrow when our friends/volunteers come out to walk our dogs. "Thank you, Tony!"


And that's about it for tonight, because it is 10:26 and I need to go to bed.

Y'all have a great evening or what's left of it!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Ok, I have heard of green eggs and ham, but NEVER have I heard of Gumby green pizza.

If you really want to see a suffering human, check out the person dressed as a black crow near Schreiner University. He is doing all the 'moves' in the hot sun too - while wearing a BLACK PLUSH outfit and headpiece! Talk about warm in there! I can't imagine just HOW warm!

cousin nancy said...

LOL! Tony and I can't wait to try a Papa Murphy Take N Bake Pizza!