Friday, July 11, 2014

Dead Wood!

Today has been great, but I want to tell you about my Making People Smile and Laugh outdoor project, that began Wednesday evening and ended last night, because it makes me smile and laugh every time that I see it or think about it.

We had a dead, sad-looking Crepe Myrtle tree, that lost its life to the drought, in front of Mandy and Moe Bandy's pen and it depressed me every time that I sat outside, in our Earthing Zone.


So I decided to do something about it, to change the dead tree's negative vibes to happy vibes, even though it did ruin one of my favorite t-shirts, that I designed, that only Carol and I have. Here's a big clue.


It took me over three hours to do, but it was well worth it, because now I laugh every time that I see it. And today when our fabulous friends aka volunteers came out to walk our dogs—it made them smile and laugh instantly, even though it will always be a work in progress. 



And I hope that you are still smiling and laughing as you continue to read this. I've always loved painted dead trees and every time that Tony and I go over to visit our dear artist friend, Steve Pietzsch, I always smile and laugh immediately when I see his beautifully painted dead trees. And I find it amazing how you can turn dead wood into a smile and a laugh. I've named it The Happy Tree. And that is about it for tonight.

P.S. Our dear friend, Gerry Olert, just sent me a picture that he took at Chet's In Dining Hall Concert and I love it and think it says it all about his awesome, magical, fabulous concert.


Y'all have a great evening!

6 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

What is ruined about your shirt? It looks real 'artsy'!

Seems like therein hangs a possibility for inclusion in a future book!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! Thanks for the idea. I bet you thought of it when you were outside Earthing?

Fay said...

I love your painted tree! Looks really great and I'm sure would make everyone smile when they see it.

cousin nancy said...

Good, now you and Ian have a reason to come visit us. You could call it Your Happy Trip To Texas!

Mari of the NoMads said...

Nancy, Fay should call it a Happy TRAIL to Texas. You know that Roy and Dale would approve of that ;)

Ok I'm heading back outside to do some more earthing.....which I do love!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari. I agree that Fay should call it a Happy Trail to Texas. I am as addicted to earthing as you are and I can't wait to do it this evening. You and Fay need to meet, so when she and her husband come down—let's all do lunch!