Saturday, July 12, 2014

Carol's A Sissy!

As you already know (If you follow my blog) little Carol came back to us this past Wednesday and we decided to let her live with us until she gets adopted. We ended up only having to crate her, in the kitchen, for one day, because all of dogs didn't seem to mind Carol being added to our family. So Thursday afternoon we decided to let her out of her crate, to see how she got along with our dogs. In other words, "A sniff-a-thon."

Carol first introduced herself to big Mama and it went well.



Then they started playing! They would get down on their front legs and then jump at each other and then run around the big room and then do it again. We hadn't seen old Mama play around like that in several years. 


After Carol wore Mama out, she decided to meet Beau aka Tony's dog aka The Quilt Killer and after thorough sniffings—best friends—running buddies. 


After that they had chased each other from one end of the trailer to the other several times Carol decided it was time to introduce herself to Belle, who I'm sure was dreaming about sleeping on shag carpeting. And their meeting was short, but sweet, because Belle went into our bedroom, to sleep on our bed.



So, Carol decided to meet Roy, who, of course, was sleeping soundly, under our kitchen table, next to my chair.


When Carol went under the table, Roy opened his eyes, just in time, to watch her lick his nose. Then he sat up, bumping his head on the table, because he is so gigantic. Then they talked about the drawbacks of being really tall and really short. And yes, I know that it is not public correctness to use the words: short or tall anymore to describe a person, but our dogs and I don't care. : )


After they had vented, Carol ran off to go play with Mama, so Roy could go back to sleeping. And that is when I started thinking about changing Carol's name, so not to confuse all of us. Wondering if I  am talking about my dear friend Carol or our temporary, adorable, really short house guest. And Friday morning, when I was talking to Dawn, one of our super great friends/volunteers, about Carol (The really short one, with four legs and a tail.), I said, "I'm thinking about renaming Carol and calling her Sissy..."

Today has been great, because this afternoon, after a phone call from Dawn, she came out to pick up Sissy, because she wants to adopt Sissy, but only if Sissy can get along with their old cat. So, please keep your fingers crossed that Sissy and Dawn's cat will become fast friends. But not to worry, because I told Dawn that there was no pressure about possibly having to return Sissy to us, because the sweet, really short Chihuahua can live with Tony and me and our dog family, because Sissy has stolen our hearts, too.

And that is it for tonight, because I'm finally on a roll writing my third Cowgirl Sisterhood novella!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: