Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Carol's Back!

Today has been great. This morning, after we did our chores outside, our dear friend, Kent, came over to visit Tony and me. Kent is Ruth Buzzi's husband and he had come down to see Kinky and us. And as you know Kinky, Tony and I love Ruthie and Kent. They are our dear friends and they have done so much to help our rescue ranch.

While the three of us drank Green Mountain Donut Shop Coffee, in the kitchen, Kent watched Gerry Olert's video of Chet O'Keefe singing Ode To Cousin Nancy, at our Chet O'Keefe In Dining Hall Concert. And Kent, Tony and me teared up, because Chet's song is so beautiful and it was so kind of him to write it. Needless to say, "Kent loved the song, too."

After we watched the video, I told Kent all about Earthing and he thought it made a lot of sense, so I printed out two pages about it, so he could take it home and read more about it. Then I told him about  the hilarious lunch that Big G, Carol, Kinky and me had, last Saturday, when I told Big G and Kink about Earthing. Then we did a lot of laughing as we caught up with each others latest news.

When it was time for Kent to get back over to the the Lodge, he invited Tony and me to join him, Kinky, Big G and Lucas, Big G's son, for lunch today, at Del Norte, because on Wednesday they have a great Mexican food buffet. When we told Kent that we would love to go, he then insisted that he wanted to treat us to lunch, too.

Before we adios-ed each other, I said, "Kent, let's play a joke on Kinky and Big G! At that lunch they were teasing me about Earthing. So, sometime during lunch, make up something and tell them that you've discovered Earthing and you want to share it. It will crack them up!"

Lunch with our dear friends was a total blast and it was long too, because we did so much laughing, especially when Kent wanted to share his exciting news about discovering Earthing. And that is all that I can or will share with y'all.

After our super fun lunch Tony and I swung by Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, so we could pick up little Carol, the dog that I named in honor of my dear friend Carol. We adopted Carol out, in April, but unfortunately it didn't work out. Which is fine with us, because it just wasn't meant to be her forever home. So, if any of y'all know someone who wants an adorable, sweet, little dog, please tell them that Carol's back, at the rescue ranch. This is her adoption picture.


By the time Carol, Tony and I arrived back at the ranch we three had decided that Carol should live inside with us and our giant dogs, until she gets adopted again, because we just don't have any space available for her outside and she's very small. We are going to crate her for a few days, next to the kitchen table and let her sleep in the big puppy pen, that Tony has set up for her, in my office, so she will get to know and be comfortable around our four-legged giants. Then we will remove the crate and puppy pen, so she can be part of our family until she finds her forever home.


Here's Mama checking Carol out, once again, so I'm calling this photo "I Know, I Know You..."


Before I finish writing this I just checked out Kris' & Jim aka The Mineral Man's—Footloose And Kid-Free In The Hill Country blog and I love the pictures they have posted, from their latest trip to Colorado. And my favorite pictures are the hilarious Alien pictures that they took, in Roswell, New Mexico, at that famous Alien Museum. So, I hope that you will check out Kris' & Jim's latest post on their blog, because it is one of my favorite blogs to read, that I follow. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that for sure is about the best thing I have heard today! And yaay Carol. Keep on keeping on. y'all are great.

cousin nancy said...

Thank you for your comment.