Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fat Fingers!

The last few days have been great, but too busy for me to write about. Last Friday, Tony and I started dipping our dogs for fleas and ticks, because we have been at war for some time with those nasty critters.

Saturday, Brandon helped us dip more dogs, because both Tony's and my back were going out from bending over so much.

Sunday, Tony's back was totally out, so Brandon and I finished getting all of our rescued dogs dipped. When we had finished dipping the dogs, our friend Brian Molnar, an incredibly talented singer, songwriter, musician who has been baby sitting The Friedmans for Kinky, while he is across the pond, came over to visit with us.

And in no time flat, Brian and Brandon were playing music for us, in The Okay Corral. Brian played my guitar and Brandon played my banjo, because his hasn't arrived yet. They sounded great together and the songs that Brian sang were totally awesome.

During a break I told Brian about Brandon and me having formed a make-believe band. "Brandon and I had been talking earlier about some string instruments being harder to play than others. When Brandon said, "It's because I have fat fingers," my jaw dropped and I said, "Me, too. Let's call our two members band, "The Fat Fingers! It's a perfect name for us." Brandon loved the name, so Brian, I just want to let you know that you've been jamming with The Fat Fingers. And feel free to brag about it."

Brian started laughing and said, "I will, too." An hour later, after all of us had jammed together, Brian bid us farewell and went back over to the Lodge to hang out with The Friedmans. But before he left he told us, "Tomorrow morning at 8:00, I will be at the station doing an interview with Big G..."

Monday morning, I tuned in Big G's station and I had a fun time listening to Big G and Brian Molnar.

This morning when Big G called me at 7:20, so I could do the Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch segment with him, we had a fun time talking about his Pet of the Week, Chuck. We also talked about Kinky doing his European Bi-Polar tour over in Europe. Then we talked about Brian Molnar and how much we all love his music. And before we adios-ed each other I requested that Big G play one of my favorite Brian Molnar songs, Moving Down The Road. And Big G told me that he would within the hour.

This morning while Tony and I were outside doing our morning chores, Kinky called me from London and left a message on Carlton. He sounded great, said he was performing to sellout crowds and he was having a wonderful time over there, etc.

Tomorrow I plan to call Kinky and tell him about me buying a banjo and Brandon's and my new band, The Fat Fingers. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: