Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dis-dusting!

Today has been great. This morning while Tony fed the dogs and Brandon did my job, two very nice women showed up to take a look at our dogs. I gave them a tour of our rescue ranch and enjoyed visiting with them. Before they left to check out a few more shelters the woman told me that she was interested in Rio and Chad and that she would think about it.

After lunch today, Tony, Brandon and me went outside and cranked up the riding lawn mower, the weed eater and the push mower. Talk about a dust storm that we created. When Brandon was weed eating and I was pushing the lawn mower, inside a dog pen, Tony would drive by on the riding lawn mower and completely cover us in dust. It was funny and (new word) dis-dusting at the same time.

An hour later, when I came inside to check for messages, I first had to clean my bifocals, so I could see. Then I grabbed Hazel out of our bedroom closet and tried removing the dust from my hair and clothes. My gray hair had turned into a dirty blonde and my pink hoodie was a lighter shade of pale.

Late this afternoon, after Brandon had finished working outside, he and I played the banjo and guitar for about an hour until it was time for Tony to take him home. And that is about it for today.

Have a great evening!

No comments: