Friday, February 22, 2013

Now I Am Getting Nervous!

Today has been great. This morning our great friends/volunteers came out to walk our dogs for us and our dogs loved it. Lois Lane, our super sweet Pit Bull went swimming, too. To say the least, "We are so lucky to have the Best Volunteers in Texas!"

After I had told everyone about eating a delicious Surf & Turf, in Kerrville, we decided to go to Kerrville, so Eileen, June and Tony could try it. Jim ate Octopus soup, which he said was delicious, even though Kris and I teased him about it. Kris' Mexican food plate looked delicious, too, but I was talking, of course, when she ordered it, so I don't know what it was. The good news is June, Eileen, Tony and I loved our Surf & Turf lunch. 

Our lunch was a total blast. We laughed and laughed and laughed as everyone traded their funny stories. Eileen's recent trip across the pond with Lisa, June's views on England's food and that is just to mention a few of our topics. 

After we adios-ed everyone we went to Office Max and H-E-B. Then we came home, but before we came home we grabbed our mail on Highway 16. As we headed down our road I was happily surprised when I read the super nice article about my book signing tomorrow morning, by Mikie Baker, in the Bandera County Courier. So I scanned it, so I could post it tonight. But, because of my poor skills in math, after trying many different sizes to make it fit, so it would big enough to read, I gave up and just said, "Just let it bleed over a little." 


As I type this I am getting nervous, because tomorrow is my big day at the "Best Little Library in Texas. Now I am not sure what to wear or what excerpt from the novella I should read, etc. So, please wish me luck, because Kinky once told me, "Authors always wear the worse clothes at their book signings." 

In just a minute, before I start washing and ironing my many possible choices of clothes to wear for the book signing, I want to thank Mary Ellen and everyone at the Medina Community Library, Mikie Baker's super sweet article about it and the Bandera County Courier for covering the story. Like our friends/volunteers, they are the reason why I love the Texas Hill Country so much. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

P.S. The rescue ranch will be closed in the morning, because of my book signing, but it will be open to the Public by 1:00.

No comments: