Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ol' Smokey!

Today has been totally fantastic! This morning at 11:32, when I pushed the print button for 48 Hours to print my novella, Carol was standing behind me and she was as excited as I was. "I'm so excited about this," I said to Carol. "Now all I have to do is wait for my books."

"I'm so happy for you, Nancy," Carol said. "I am so glad that I was here to witness you pushing the button, because I can't wait to see your book. I have a present for you to celebrate getting it published. Come on out to the car with me, so I can give it to you."

When Carol lifted her Tahoe's hatchback I instantly teared up while wearing a big grin on my face. "Oh my god, Carol. I absolutely love it. I've wanted one of these ever since I saw yours years ago. You are so sweet." Then Tony drove up in Kermit to take it out of her SUV, because Carol had already showed it to him, when she drove in.

"Where do you want it, Nance?" Tone asked.

"Inside The Okay Corral, next to the bird feeder." Then Carol and I followed Tony into the corral. After Carol put its base down, Tony set it on top of it. "Carol, thanks to you," I said. "I now have everything that I have ever wanted..."

"I'm so glad that you like it," Carol said, as she and Tony lit its first fire. "Now when your friends are here or the volunteers, we can all sit by it and enjoy it. I love mine too and I use it all of the time on my deck."

After sitting around it and watching the fire for a while, we came inside to drink a cup of coffee and to toast our friendship and the novella. Thirty minutes later Carol had to go home and after she left, I went outside and took this picture of Ol' Smokey, my new chiminea. "Thank you, Carol. I love it so much."



Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: