Wednesday, November 21, 2012

We Love Jack Sunday & Sandy at KFGO!

Today has been great and it started early. By 6:00 this morning, after I drank a cup of coffee I had washed my second load of clothes and dried one load, vacuumed and mopped The Cabin, cleaned the bathrooms before Tony adios-ed me and went to The Old Timer, in Medina.

Around 9:30, our dear friend Lisa came out with her friend Betty to show her our rescue ranch and I liked Betty instantly, so I unwrapped and signed her a copy of my first book, The Road To Utopia: How Kinky, Tony & I Saved More Dogs Than Noah.

Precisely at 12:10 the phone rang as was planned to do an eight-ten minute interview about our Thanksgiving dinners that we cook for our dogs, with Jack Sunday and his co-host Sandy, at KFGO AM The Mighty 790 in Fargo, North Dakota and it was a lot of fun. At the end of our conversation Jack told me that he would podcast it, so if you want to listen to the interview click here. "Thank you, Jack and Sandy for helping our rescue ranch!"

After I had cooked Tony and me grilled cheese sandwiches with homemade bean soup for lunch, he went outside to the barn to take the twenty pounds of ground turkey out of the freezer, so we could defrost it in The Cabin, so it would be thawed and ready for tomorrow morning, when our great volunteers show up at 8:30 to help us finish preparing and serve our super, rescued dogs, that are waiting for their future forever homes, a delicious Thanksgiving dinner, complete with warmed, whole wheat dinner rolls. Here's a picture of twenty pounds of ground turkey thawing on our drainboard and stove top.


Around 4:00, a UPS delivery truck arrived to give us Karen and Terry Cauthen's Thanksgiving ham that they sent to us for our Thanksgiving dinner. "Thank you, Karen and Terry!"

Our dear friend Rick Reichenbach aka The Friendly Lighthouse Keeper, in Port Aransas, should be arriving here around 6:30 tonight, because we invited him to come up for a few days to have Thanksgiving dinner with us tomorrow, so I probably won't be doing much blogging during the holiday weekend. And that is about it for today, because I am fixin' to vacuum The Cabin one more time, before Rick gets here, because in the morning we will be too busy for me to do it then.

Y'all have a great evening! And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments: