Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Stain!

Today has been great. This morning at 9:00, as planned, our dear friend Vern came out to donate 400 pounds of Pedigree dog food, a collapsible dog pen for puppies and a couple of dog crates and then we had a blast visiting with him.

While we drank coffee inside The Cabin, we talked about Tony's photography, music, Steve Martin, etc. and when I told him about what character I had made up for him to be in my novella he laughed out loud and said, "I love it." Which made me smile, because I am glad that he likes his character, even though in my novella he is one quirky, interesting old Hippie with a long gray ponytail.

Around 10:00, we went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and Marcie and I laughed so much in Kinky's kitchen, it actually made my back start to ache. After a fun hour and a half of visiting with Kink and his sister Vern told us that he hated to leave, but had to, because he had to get to Houston to fly to New York tonight.

After Vern had adios-ed us Tony and I took off for Kerrville to run a few errands and our first stop was at a Mexican restaurant to eat lunch. When the nice waitress took our order we told her what we wanted to eat and then I asked her, "Can we have a small bowl of cheese dip, too?" Which turned out to be a big mistake.

While Tone and I waited to eat lunch we munched on the delicious tortilla chips and hot cheese dip and when the waitress brought us our plates, mine had two, steaming hot cheese enchiladas, covered in red enchilada sauce, with refried beans and rice on the side.

I decided to let my hot plate cool down a little bit, so I reached over my plate and dipped another tortilla chip into the cheese dip and after eating it I noticed this red stuff on the table next to my plate. "What's this, Tony? Where did this come from?" I asked, as I stared at the mess on the table. Then I reached over my plate again, to eat one more tortilla chip dipped in cheese dip and Tony started laughing. "What?"

After T. had quit laughing he pointed his finger at my over sized sweatshirt sleeve and said, "Look at your sleeve." Then he started laughing again, as I held up my arm and saw that my sleeve was covered in red enchilada sauce.

"Oh my god!" I said, as I stared at my drenched sleeve. "What am I going to do, Tony?" He said nothing, because he was shaking with laughter and shaking his head sideways. Then I thought, what would Ronnie do? (Sorry, Eileen.)

"Nance, you need to take your sweatshirt off, because it looks so dirty."

"I can't, because my navy blue turtleneck will show my giant muffin top." Then I grabbed the end of my turtleneck cuff with my right hand and then started pushing the cuff of my favorite sweatshirt up my arm, in hopes it would hide the ugly stain. When I held up my arm for Tone to inspect, he burst out laughing, because no matter how high I pushed up the sweatshirt cuff—the stain still showed. Then I pushed up the left cuff of my sweatshirt to match my right arm as Tony continued to laugh at me.

"Nance, you can't hide it." Then after paying for our messy lunch we went to the craft store and then to H-E-B to pick up some groceries and came home.

After putting up our groceries I sat down and wrote the words for the back cover of my novella, because tomorrow morning I am pushing the button to finally print my novella, which will be available to buy on December 5th.

As I finish writing this tonight, my stained, favorite over sized sweatshirt has been soaking in the washing machine for over an hour in cold water and here is a picture I took of it before tossing it in the wash tub.


Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

WHAT WOULD EILEEN DO? said...

I'm going to tell you what Eileen would do: Ask the nice waitress for sissors, cut of the entire part with the stain and then cut the other sleeve to match - easy, cheesy! But you didn't think about asking me ... just RONNIE! AGAIN!

cousin nancy said...

: )