Monday, November 5, 2012

He Was Robbed!

Today has been really great and I am feeling much better, thank goodness. This afternoon, when my friends Denise & Les, Kris & Jim and Deb & Craig, met in Kal-Bob's parking lot, to eat lunch together, it was closed, because they had a catering job, so we decided to go eat at Acapulco's.

Kris & Jim took off first, then us, then Deb & Craig and then Denise & Les. When we pulled into the restaurants parking lot, we saw Kinky, Dylan, Marcie and Big G left the restaurant and were visiting in the parking lot, then Kinky saw us and waved to us and then started walking towards us.

When Jim and Kris and us met up with them, I quickly introduced Dylan, Marcie and Big G to our friends Kris and Jim, while Kinky shook hands with Jim and Kris and talked to them about his plants that he had given to them, and Kink was thrilled when Jim showed him a picture, on his cell phone, of Kinky's cactus plants, on their deck.

When Denise & Les drove into the parking lot and we waved at them, Kinky teasingly said, "Good grief, Nancy! How many people are you meeting here for lunch?"

"Only ninety-six," I joked. "Two of the couples couldn't make it, because of allergies."

"Y'all," Kinky said. "I was robbed while I was inside Acapulco eating lunch."

"What happened?" Jim asked.

"Someone stole my cigar, that I always leave outside, on top of that newspaper stand." All of us looked at the blue news stand and started laughing, except for Kinky.

As he carefully clipped off the end of a new cigar, he said, "I can't believe that someone would steal my cigar?"

"I love it, because I can blog about this tonight," I teased.

"Make it dramatic," Dylan suggested, followed by a laugh.

"Yeah," Marcie said.

"As the man fled with Kinky's half-smoked cigar, a pickup was backing out of its parking space, hit the robber and it killed him instantly, because of Karma," I joked. "How does that sound?"

Lunch with my friends was a lot of fun, for Tony and me and after we had adios-ed everyone we headed to Walmart, so I could buy a new pooper-scooper for me to use, because I wasn't happy with the plastic ones that we had recently purchased, but unfortunately they didn't carry the brand that I prefer, so we left and headed home in Buttermilk.

Before we turned off of 16, we stopped to pick up our mail and I had the greatest surprise when Tony asked, "Did you order something? There's a small box for you."

When he handed me the box, I looked at the return address and smiled and said, "It's my pot pie pans! Now I can do the picture for the back cover of my book!"

After Tony had used his knife to open up my box, I looked inside and was thrilled at what I saw!


Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Pot pie aluminum pans and you're thrilled. Hmm. It sure does not take much to make you happy. (big grin here)

Me? I want a FILLED (with turkey or chicken pot pie) aluminum pan. Then I'M happy! (bigger grin with a YUM! attached)

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari. You'll understand my joy over the pot pie pans sooner than later. When I was a kid, when my mom discovered Swanson pot pies—we ate them at least two times a week, so I am fine with the pans being empty. I can't wait for you and David to read my novella!