Monday, November 12, 2012

What A Day—Thanks To MIR!

Today has been a little bit crazy and I blame it all on Mercury in retrograde. When I woke up this morning I made myself a cup of coffee and then I sat down at my lap top to check my mail. As I was reading Lisa's alarming warning note about there being a solar eclipse today on top of being MIR, I shuddered at the thought.

Then Tony walks into the kitchen and says, "I have some bad news."

"What?" I asked, as I clicked on an e-mail from Apple.

"The wild hogs came in last night and they knocked over The Eternal Squirrel on Yoda's grave and they tore up it's little solar panel." Then he handed me the solar squirrel, made by Malibu. So I put it on the drainboard and took this picture of it and then I bid Tony farewell, because he was headed to Medina to drink coffee with his friends at The Old Timer.


After pouring myself another cup of Donut Shop coffee I sat down at the kitchen table to read what Apple had sent to me and it made me smile, because my new Classic 160G iPod, engraved with "Nancy-Parker-Simons Loves Roy Rogers," has been shipped and it will arrive on Friday. And as I am listening to my old, now scary looking iPod, I am praying that it won't die before then, because my music keeps me upbeat.

Later, when Tony went outside to do our chores I got a phone call from a very sad, crying woman, "Nancy, I am so upset, because I have to return *&^%$ to you, because he is digging out and chasing our horses and chickens and..."

"I completely understand..." Then I went outside and told Tony that *&^%$ was coming back and would be here in fifteen minutes and then we discussed where we could put him, because we are at capacity with no space available.

When the sobbing woman showed up with little *&^%$, I walked over to her truck to greet her. As she lowered the window she said, "I'm sorry, but I can't do this. I have cried all the way over here. I love this dog, but I don't know what to do."

"Run a hot wire at the bottom of the fence and he will quit digging out," I said. Then Tony told her how to do it and then she happily drove away with her forever friend.

Then I returned to The Cabin, so I could call the pound in Kerrville, about a dog, that a friend had called me about. Because of the Veterans Day holiday they were closed, so I left them a message about us wanting to come tomorrow to pick the dog up. Then I punched in Kinky's phone number. "Kinky, I need to talk to Marcie about possibly fostering a dog for us until a space opens up over here."

"Marce, Nance wants to talk to you about fostering a dog," Kinky said to his younger sister. "Do you want to talk to her on the phone or come over?"

Five minutes later, I was over at the Lodge, in the kitchen, telling them about this dog and the emergency situation. "Yes, I would love to foster him for y'all," Marcie said. Then we discussed when we would bring the dog to her, because tomorrow we have to take him to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic to get him neutered and shots, etc.

When Tony was done with his outside chores we went to Kerrville to get Buttermilk's oil changed and to get her inspected at Balser's Northside Automotive, stop by Hoegemeyer's to pick up some Rabies certificates and to buy our rescued dogs their annual Thanksgiving dinner at H-E-B, that Lisa & Chuck prepaid for.

After Buttermilk was taken care of we went to Hoegemeyers and when we walked inside Susan was behind the counter, sitting on the floor. "Hi, Susan. Are you hiding from us?" I teased.

Susan laughed and said, "No. Our power strip blew up and I am trying to reconnect everything." Then we talked about todays solar eclipse and MIR.

When the sweet vet tech picked up a Baggie filled with 16 folded Rabies certificates for our dogs, she asked Susan if that was the bag to give us and Susan said, "Yes." Then we visited for a few more minutes and then we left the clinic.

It only took us about twenty minutes to fill our grocery cart with: 5 dozen whole wheat rolls, 20 lbs. of ground turkey, 3 huge bags of mixed vegetables, 2 giant jars of minced garlic, 3 large bags of grated cheddar cheese, 5 dozen eggs, 6 boxes of stuffing, 3 large bottles of olive oil and 3 big, disposable foil pans, to cook the vegetables in and the grand total was $176.90. "Thank you, Lisa & Chuck!"

As Tony was loading our dogs Thanksgiving dinner into the back of Buttermilk I opened the Baggie and looked at it and when I read a certificate and then two others I realized that we had accidentally been given the wrong bag, so we went back to Hoegemeyer's to return it and get ours.

When we teased Susan about us getting the wrong Baggie she joked, "It's because I was sitting on the floor."

"I'm blaming it on MIR and the solar eclipse," I said. 

Lastly, this evening when I tried to get on my blog, so I could write about my day—it would not let me get to the "New Post" and it took me over forty-five minutes, before the icon finally showed up. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: