Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Jack Sunday!

I was totally blown away after watching the Ken Burns' The Dust Bowl, a two hour, two part documentary on PBS the last two nights. Yesterday and today have been great.

Yesterday morning, right after Tony and I had finished our morning chores Christina arrived with precious cargo—Betty White, the fabulous dog that she adopted from us a few years ago and she also brought Rosco, an adorable, older dog that she is fostering, but might adopt.

Tony and I really enjoyed visiting with Christina and Betty White, who looked fantastic and happy and after we showed Christina all of our dogs, she is going to come back in December to adopt and pick Jethro Tull up and we are thrilled for him, because she loves dogs and knows how to spoil them!

Yesterday afternoon, we took Sally Field to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic to get her checked out and given shots and by the time we got back home Susan had called and left a message on Carlton, "Sally Field is ready to be picked up. She didn't need to get spayed and Dr. Janssen told us that she is about ten-years-old and she is a really sweet old girl."

This morning while Tony and I were outside doing our chores, Jack Sunday called and left a message for me on Carlton. He is a very popular radio personality on KFGO, in Fargo, North Dakota—The Mighty 790 AM and he is a good friend of Kinky's.

After I had listened to Jack's message, wanting to know if I would do a radio interview with him tomorrow, to talk about our traditional Thanksgiving dinner for our dogs, which we have been doing for over fourteen years, I called him back to tell him that I would love to do it. So, if you would like to listen to the interview at 12:10 PM, Central time, go to this address KFGO and the second tab at the top of the page, click listen live, because he loves dogs and he wants to spread the word about our rescue ranch to his listeners in Fargo.

When I got off of the phone with Jack I called Kinky, in Las Vegas, to tell him about doing an interview with Jack Sunday and Kinky was thrilled about it. Then he and I talked about The Friedmans. Before we adios-ed each other he asked me if I had seen Willie on The Today Show this morning, talking about his and Willie''s new book, Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die: Musings From The Road. "No, Kinky, I didn't, but I will check it out and tell you about it."

Later today we went to the little H-E-B store for last minute grocery shopping and to pick up Sally Field, because our dear friend Rick Reichenbach is coming up from Port Aransas to spend the Thanksgiving holidays with us and we are really looking forward to seeing him. And that is about it for tonight, because I want to work on my novella.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: