Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Congratulations Tony!

Today has been a great day, especially for Tony, because this morning he went to his Texas Master Naturalist Hill Country Chapter commencement to received his badge!


Tony was lucky that Eileen Gotke, our dear friend, volunteered her time to be his fabulous mentor for the TMN course, because she has helped him throughout the two and a half month long course that he really enjoyed. "We love you, Eileen and we think that you are one of the nicest, most giving people in the Texas Hill Country."

When Tony arrived back at the rescue ranch he was grinning from ear-to-ear and he was proudly wearing his TMN badge. "Nance, you are not going to believe the incredible gift that Eileen gave me before the ceremony started!"

"What?" I asked.

"You're not going to believe the incredible gift that Eileen gave to me before the ceremony started!" He repeated loudly, as I began to chuckle.

"I heard what you said the first time, Tone," I said. "I said, "What," because she shouldn't have given you a present, for helping you so much. What did she give you?"

"A Beekeeper's hat and veil and this cute beehive ornament! How cool is that!" Then we came inside  The Cabin, so he could he could put on his bee helmet, so I could shoot him with my camera. 


When I let our dogs inside and they saw T. wearing the gift that Eileen gave to him they started barking at him. While Tony removed his beekeeper's hat, that he is thrilled to have, I told him what his wonder dog, Beau Bridges, did this morning. "After you left this morning, I let Beau and Belle come inside, while Abbie, Mama and Roy went outside. He was so excited to see me he raced through the big room,  jumped up on the big dog food container and then jumped up on the drainboard and accidentally knocked our toaster off. You should have seen it, because it would have been a hilarious YouTube video." 

After we had stopped laughing about it, Tony said, "You should have taken a picture of him, on the drainboard."

"I couldn't because my camera was acting up, because of Mercury in retrograde."

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Karin Pohlmann said...

Congrats, Tony!