Saturday, December 3, 2011

Peggy! or Happy Trails!

It is 3:32 in the morning and for some reason I cannot go to sleep, so after tossing and turning in bed for over four and a half hours I decided to get up and make use of my time, because I know I will be exhausted for the rest of the day, because of lack of sleep, but the good news is it has been raining here since 6:00 last night.

Yesterday was a life changing day for me—for the good. In the morning, while our super volunteers: June, Ellen, Jim and Roy & Della were walking our dogs, Lisa took a break and came up to the trailer, so Tony and I could show off our new kitchen and she absolutely loved it and while we waited for Eileen to arrive, with my pretty, pink Princess Phone—we had a fun visit with her.

A few minutes later, when Mama started barking outside, we went outside to greet Eileen. "Nancy, I want to show you your Princess Phone. So, the three of us followed Eileen out to my cabin."I hope you don't mind, but I went inside and put it in here."

"Don't they call that trespassing, Tony?" I joked, before I opened the door to my cabin and nearly fainted when I saw my beautiful, pink Princess Phone.


"OMG! I love it, Eileen! It is so cute. Eileen, thank you so much." Then I picked it up and carried it to the lowered, second edition of my cabin and placed it on the antique school desk, that my dear friend aka extremely talented author friend, John Kemmerly, gave to me. "Eileen, this completes my writing cabin..."


"Thank you, Nancy. I am glad that you like it," Eileen said. "I love mine, too and mine is right next to my bed on an antique nightstand." Then she started laughing. "And there is no way Ronnie could build you one of these things..." 

When the four us had finally quit laughing Lisa says,"I'm going to get one for me. I love it. Who makes it?"

"Crosley: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow," Eileen told her.


Then I invited her to come into the trailer to see Tony's and my handy work and Eileen said, "I loved the tin in the kitchen, but this makes it feel like a cabin. It feels so cozy..."

An hour later after all of our dogs had enjoyed their fun walks down to the creek, June and Eileen came up to the trailer to check out our kitchen and they loved it and were beside themselves and then I was beside myself when they handed me the checks from them and Eileen to pay for our dogs Christmas dinner. "Thank y'all, so much for doing this for our dogs..." I said. "Now, y'all have got to come out to my cabin to see my Princess Phone that Eileen got for me. You're going to love it. I swear."

"Nancy, it is precious," June said, before Ellen entered the cabin, "I want one."

"Me, too! I love it," Ellen said, before all of us burst our laughing about all of us wanting one.

"I know!" I said. "Hey, we could start our own "Precious, Pink Princess Phone Club" and once a month we could do a five-way conference call, using our pink phones. Eileen, you giving me this phone has been a life changing minute for me and has made my day. I am going to call the telephone company and have them put a jack out here, so I can use it."

Eileen started chuckling at my remark. "Nancy, I wouldn't call it a life changing moment? That's too much."

"No, not a life changing moment," I said, "but a life changing minute, because it lasted for one whole minute." 

A little while later, while Tony and I ate a fun lunch with June, Ellen, Eileen and Kim, at Koyote, I said, "I've got to figure out what to name my Princess Phone." Then "The Girls" took turns coming up with some funny names to name my phone, such as Barbie, Pinkie, etc., but none of them were it. Then Eileen had us all laughing as she told us about her hilarious gag gift that she was going to make for someone special, but I can't tell y'all about it. 

After lunch, Buttermilk took us to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic so we could pick up Little Sister and bring her home and on our way back home I came up with the perfect name for my Princess Telephone. "Tone, guess what I am going to name the Princess Phone?"

"What?"

"Peggy!" I said, before starting to laugh. "Hello, my name is Peggy," like that funny commercial on the TV." Tony burst out laughing.

Early this evening, we invited Carol to come over, so we could show her our new kitchen, do some more work on hers and my "Secret Project" and then finish it up with Happy Hour. When Carol arrived she blew-me-out-of-my-saddle, so to speak, because she had bought a book to give to me, Happy Trails: Our Life Story by Roy Rogers and Dale Evans with Jane and Michael Stern! "Carol, thank you so much for this book, I can't wait to read it. Today has been incredibly great. Earlier today Eileen gave me a pink Princess Phone, which I love and it made my day and now this—this is incredible...I told Eileen that her Princess telephone had made my cabin complete and that there was nothing more to add to it and now you give me this fantastic book and now it completes my cabin. I'm going to put it on desk, right next to my pink phone, which I've named Peggy." Carol started laughing.


When I had finally quit thanking Carol for her wonderful gift she said, "I love your kitchen. Wow. It feels like a cabin in here..." A few minutes later, we all went out to the cabin, so I could show her Peggy, which by-the-way—she loved, too. And we had a blast inside my cabin.

Well, it is now 5:14 AM, I am feeling very sleepy at last, it is still raining outside and Tony just woke up and his dog Belle just ran into the kitchen and pounced on me—nearly knocking me out of my chair. I just told T. about staying up all night and that I am fixin' to go to bed. But before I go to La-La Land, I want to thank all of our fabulous volunteers for coming out yesterday to walk all of our dogs and making me laugh and Eileen and Carol for completing my writing cabin. So instead of saying, "Good night" to all I'm saying, "Good morning and sweet dreams! Stop it, Belle. Tony!"

Y'all have a great morning, afternoon and evening and thank you for praying for our rain!

No comments: