Sunday, December 18, 2011

Jeff Severson Jam Session At Carol's Ranch Tonight!

Today has been so wonderful. This morning after we did our chores outside Tony went over to Sam's, his brother's and Stacie's house, in Medina, to help celebrate their son Zach's 13th birthday, while I stayed home to get some writing done.

Twenty minutes after T. was gone, Kinky came over to see The Cabin, because he has been on the road and he loved what we had done to improve our 1983 trailer, that I bought for only $7,000.00, back in  '95! "Kink, I have officially changed the name of our old trailer from Nellybelle to "The Cabin." You have the Lodge and now we have the Cabin. And look at our new fireplace that only cost me ten bucks." And that literally blew him out of the saddle, so to speak, while Neil Young was singing Harvest Moon on my iPod.

"Nance, I love this. It feels just like being inside a real cabin. I can't believe y'all did this..."

Early this evening, Buttermilk took T. and me over to Carol's ranch, so we could visit with Lorri and Jeff , her dear friends, which are now our friends too, who came to visit her all of the way from California.

I don't know if y'all remember my March 23, 2010 post about Jeff Severson, the famous, now retired NFL Safety who played for the Red Skins, the Oilers, the Broncos and the St. Louis Cardinals, who also played in two Super Bowls and who once opened for Willie Nelson at a private party for the Minnicks, at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth—we jammed tonight!

After we had a super fun visit with Carol, Lorri & Jeff out on Carol's deck, with her two beautiful dogs Scout and Jake, we went inside her beautiful ranch house, so Jeff and I could play some music together and I had a total blast, even though he is a much better guitarist than me. Tone took this picture of us pickin' and a grinnin' with Lorri and Carol, as Jeff sang some of his new songs that he has recently written, which were dynamite.


And that is about it for tonight, because my fingers are killing me, except for the great news we had this morning from Ian—"Queen Latifah is fitting in real well with Scooby Doo. She's definitely a keeper and we love her!..."

Y'all have a great evening! Happy Birthday, Zach. We love you!

No comments: