Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Electric Horseman! or Rising Star!

Today has been a great day. Last night I went to bed around 8:00 and I didn't wake up until 8:00 this morning, so now I am caught up on my lost sleep and once again I feel great.

This morning after Tony and I did our outside chores, I spent most of the day working inside and I am proud to say that I am finally caught up with the rescue ranch's "first of the month" paperwork.

Even though it hasn't been an exciting day, I do feel good about being caught up with all of my work, because this coming Tuesday morning, thanks to M.I.R. (Mercury in retrograde.) I will be sitting inside the Kerr County Courthouse, no later than 8:45 for jury duty, along with my dear friend Sandy Wolfmueller.

Kinky called me, from Oklahoma City, this evening, because he is on the road, doing his Hanukkah Tour and he sounded great. He told me that he is really enjoying himself and having fun meeting all of his fans. Then we visited for a few minutes and mainly talked about his dogs, Sophie, Chumley and Winston and his last words to me before we adios-ed each other were, "I'll be in Tulsa tomorrow."

Kinky is so amazing to me, because he has no problem traveling from one city to another on his fourteen day, back-to-back, Hanukkah Tour. You couldn't pay me enough money to jump on and off planes for fourteen days in a row. Heck, Tone and I have vowed to never fly again and we mean it, because neither one of us likes to fly. So, I am glad that the very last time for us to ever fly again was with Kinky, in 2005, when we went with him to Las Vegas for an exciting, super fun-filled, three day vacation.

Last night, I received an e-mail from my friend Jim C., with a YouTube link to watch Greatest Card Trick Ever, so I clicked on it and I was shocked and could not believe my eyes, when the amazing Dave Cremin performed his impossible card trick in Times Square. It is only one and a half minutes long and I hope that you will check it out. Tonight I am watching Electric Horseman on Netflix, one of my most favorite movies.

Y'all have a great evening and thank you for praying for rain for us, because we are getting some right now!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

My longtime (since 1963) friend Polly, who competed in your soup cookbook contest last year, emailed me to tell you that Electric Horseman
"was filmed in St. George and southern Utah where I live. The Dick's Cafe is no longer there, boo hoo. It was famous."

Ok, now you're informed. :)

(I'm gonna have to educate that girl on how to leave comments on your blog!)

Mari of the NoMads said...

Ok, now I have a comment to post about the Electric Horseman movie. I received Robert Redford's Sundance catalog and he is promoting rough-out boots made to specifications like those used in Electric Horseman. And the neat part is that they are being made right here in Texas, USA!

Gotta love it!