Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Texas Animal Imprints Magazine Rocks!

This morning I got up really early and walked eight miles with Leslie Sansone before Tony returned from the Old Timer in Medina, where he drinks coffee with his friends just about every morning.

When Tone returned and walked inside the trailer he had a big box and a big grin on his face. "This morning when I was leaving I found this box that UPS left inside our gate and you're going to love it, Nance. It is really cool."

"What is it and who sent it?" I asked as T. set it down on the kitchen table.

"Joni from Texas Animal Imprints magazine sent us and Kinky some wine. Come look at it." Tony opened up the box. Inside were two wooden boxes with our names on one box and Kinky's name on the other box. "Check out what's inside." Tony lifted our wooden box out of the cardboard box filled with popcorn  and then he slid open the door at the top of the wooden box. "Read what it says, Nance."

The customized label on the bottle of wine from "the Connoisseur" gifts read:
"NANCY & TONY
Thank you for your support 
of 
Texas ANIMAL IMPRINTS.
Best Wishes to you both and all of your beautiful animals!

Texas ANIMAL IMPRINTS
The Celebration of Animals & Nature

"A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself." - Josh Billings"



After I took those pictures Tony said, "I can't believe that Joni sent this to us. She is so sweet.  Isn't it cool? You want me to put it into the refrigerator so we can drink some of it for Happy Hour tonight in Outer Space?"

"No, Tony. Let's save it for a very special occasion when we have guests over," I said. "I love this. And the packaging is way too cool. Okay?" T. looked a little disappointed, but agreed that we should save it for a special event with friends, so he put it in our "wine cellar"—our closet. Then he went outside to feed the dogs and pigs and clean their pens.

After doing some rescue ranch paperwork and returning a few phone calls I called Kinky. "Kink, I've got the coolest gift for you. Joni Daniel sent us a care package from Texas ANIMAL IMPRINTS. You're going to love it. Can I bring it over?"

When Kinky opened up his gift from our friend Joni he thought the wine and the box were really cool, too. "Nance, please tell Joni when you talk to her that I said thank you for the wine."

When I came home and sent Joni a thank-you e-mail from all of us then I made lunch for Tony and me. It wasn't delicious—just okay. I spent the rest of my day working on the newsletter.

Y'all have a great evening! Especially you, Joni! Thank you and everyone at Texas ANIMAL IMPRINTS! We love y'all!

No comments: