Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Bandera County Courier!

Yesterday was a nice day. I walked an easy-does-it eight miles with Leslie Sansone without hurting my back. The reason that I am doing eight-milers right now is because I've fallen behind in my mileage and I am playing catch up.

(Today is the 164th day of the year which multiplied by five miles per day equals 820 miles. After another easy-does-it ten miles I walked this morning I am now at eight hundred miles and I am still twenty miles behind.)

Saturday afternoon our good friend Carol came over to see us and she brought me a book that she knew I wanted—The Healing Foods Cookbook! Over a year ago Carol had loaned me her copy of the cookbook and I loved reading it and she knew that I wanted one. "Nancy, I bought this for you. I found it a garage sale!" Carol told me. To say the least I was thrilled to have it. Thank you, Carol! I love it!

We had a great visit with Carol in Outer Space. When I told her about Ben giving us two bricks of Miles of Chocolate I told her that I wanted to give her a few vacuumed-sealed chunks before she left, for her and James to enjoy. Then I told her about how much I loved reading Tom D. Well's book, The Drop-Ins. Then I went inside the trailer and got it and loaned it to her.  

The minute after Carol left, when Tony and I walked into the trailer I realized that I had forgotten to give her the delicious chunks of chocolate, so I called her ten minutes later when I knew she would be home. "Carol, Tony and I are fixin' to go to Kerrville and I forgot to give you the chocolate. Can we drop it off on our way to Kerrville?" A few minutes later we dropped it off and then headed to Kerrville to get groceries.

Last night I watched the movie "Dave" and I loved it.

This morning I got up really early and walked the ten miles with Leslie and I am happy to say that my back is nearly back to normal. This afternoon Kinky called and invited us to come over to the Lodge and we had a fun visit with him and Frank.

When we came home Carlton was flashing on the breakfast bar alerting me that I had one new message from Judith Pannebaker at the Bandera County Courier newspaper. Her last words were, "...Nancy, please call me as soon as possible!" So, I called her back and it looks like tomorrow morning we are going to have one very interesting, famous, mystery visitor tomorrow morning and I can't wait to meet him and his dog. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: