Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Dirty Laundry Thing!

Today has been a quiet day and I have really enjoyed it. This morning at seven forty-five I called the Rose 99.9 radio station in Kerrville and had a fun time talking to Harley Belew live-on-the-air about our rescue ranch and our dogs. Little Girl was Harley's Pet of the Week. "Little Girl is not so little anymore. She is real sweet, Harley. About three years old and she weighs over fifty pounds and..." Ten minutes later I said goodbye to Harley and hung up the phone. Here is a picture I took of Little Girl. She is real camera shy so out of forty pictures that I took of her this one turned out the best.

After breakfast with T. since I didn't have a lot of e-mails or phone calls to return this morning, I walked ten miles with Leslie Sansone, while Ben and Tony worked outside.

While I was walking circles around the big room, with less than two minutes to go to complete the ten miles, Ben and Tone came inside to talk to me. Since I wasn't finished with my workout Ben made some coffee for us. When I was done walking, the coffee was ready, so we sat down and caught up with each other's news.

Ben's news was much better than mine since all I talked about was Lucky. "My good news is we now have Miles of Chocolate in Midland's H.E.B. grocery store and it is flying off of the shelf and..." Twenty minutes or two cups of coffee later, Tony and Ben went back outside to work.

While I was doing a little paperwork Kinky called to check on Lucky. We talked for a few minutes about Lucky and then he had to take another call. "Hang in there, Nance and tell Lucky to do the same. You never know—he might just turn around and surprise us all. I'll call you tomorrow. Bye."

This evening I decided to wash a load of clothes and got teased about it when I asked Tony if he had any dirty laundry that needed washing. After T. quit laughing he finally said, "I love you, Babe, but do you know that you add an r when you pronounce the word wash. You say warsh? It's wash not warsh." Then he started laughing again and I joined him in laughter.

"I know," I said. "I know that there is no r in warsh and it is spelled without an r. My whole family pronounces it like that. You can call Ronnie or Cindy right now and they will pronounce it just like I do. We know there is no r in warsh. It's just the way we were taught to pronounce it," Tone started laughing, again and he gave me a big bear hug.


"I know you can't help that you are from Fort Worth and you have a thick North Texas accent," he teased, "I love your accent, but I have got to tell Ben about this tomorrow, so we can add warsh to our long list of your mispronunciations. He's gonna love it!" We started laughing.

"Tell him anything you want to," I joked. "I don't care, Tony. I'm proud of my accent and to be from Fort..." T. burst out laughing.

"One more thing, Nance, it's thing with an i—not thang with an a! You pronounce that wrong, too.


"I know, Mr. Correct Pronunciation. Call Ronnie or Cindy. They pronounce it the same way I do. We can't help it. It's our thang."

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: