Friday, July 26, 2019

Chicken! or No Regrets! or Let The Games Begin!

The last few days and today have been great, of course, because ever since I started doing my morning habit (Saying, "Today is going to be a great day!" and then loudly clapping my hands together, before jumping out of bed.) nothing ever goes wrong in my life. And yes, I am bragging about that. And I highly recommend doing this positive habit. Especially since it is M.I.R. Time.

I found this awesome recipe Grilled Chicken and Sweet Potatoes with Strawberry Salsa, on the food network and I made it today for Tony's and my lunch and it was totally delicious and very easy to make.

Okay, hold your horses food police. First off, no chicken was harmed to make our super healthy lunch, because our new motto is "We don't eat anything that has eyes." Not original, but it works for us.

What I made for us today was the Strawberry Salsa and I served it over the sweet potatoes that I had drizzled with some olive oil and we also had a bowl of my mouth-watering homemade beans .

And yes I did use olive oil, because in Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Eat To Live Cookbook, there are at least 5 great recipes that use olive oil and they can be found on pages: 183, 184, 192, 198, 222, etc. Anyway, here is a picture of my strawberry salsa. And, I think that you should make it, because it was so easy to make and absolutely delicious.


And here are picture of what we actually ate for our whole food plant-based lunch today.



Since my last post, I did something and I have no regrets about doing it. Thank goodness. 

Last week Amazon Prime had this big two day sale, so I decided to buy a "Amazon's Best Choice" tracker/pedometer for myself, because the price was drastically reduced (under $20.00) and because I love pedometers, because they keep me motivated to walk more.

Anyway, after I purchased my pedometer device I decided to buy one for Tony, too. And it was a gamble, because I wasn't sure that Tone would want one. So, I didn't tell Tony about me getting him one, too.

A few days later my pedometer package arrived and that is when I sprung it on Tony that I had gotten him one, too. And I was pleasantly surprised that he was so thrilled to get it. Bottom   Line: I suggested that Tony and I compete daily against each other to see who walked the most steps each day, because we both love challenges.

Because Tony and I have been having so much fun with our daily steps competitions, yesterday I told Sarah and Darlene, our sweet co-workers, at Escondida Resort, about our fun steps competitions. 

So here is another Bottom   Line: They got so excited about the daily steps competitions they immediately went to Amazon and they purchased pedometers just like ours, too. So now the four of us can start competing against each other. (Their pedometers are supposed to arrive tomorrow.) Then "Let the games begin!" 

Here are pictures that I just took of Tony's and my pedometer steps, so far today. And as you can see Tony is ahead of me, but tonight, at work, I plan to catch up with him and surpass him! Here is Tony's pedometer.


And here is a blurry picture of my step counter. It was hard for me to take a picture of my device. But you get the picture. : (


I know that competing will be so much fun with the four of us doing this and the coolest part about it all is—it is so good for our health.

And as I finish writing this post, I also want to let you know that sweet Sarah and sweet Darlene are getting ready to start eating a whole foot plant-based diet too. Because after seeing the results in us they too want to get healthier and live longer. Life is good. (Knock-on-Wood)

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

FYI: Tony won tonight by over 2,000 steps. But I will win tomorrow!

No comments: