Monday, March 16, 2015

Under Pressure!

Today has been great, but I am still a little bit tired. Tony and I got up real early, so we could get a lot of things done. While he was outside feeding our dogs and cleaning their pens, I was inside The Cabin, returning as many phone calls, e-mails and catching up on middle-of-the-month paperwork, before we took off for Kerrville to run several errands.

While we were in Kerrville, we decided to eat breakfast, at Randy's & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant, because we had skipped breakfast at home and were running on low. Right after we had sat down, at our table, our good friends Eileen and Wayne walked inside Kerrville's popular eatery, so we asked them to please join us. And to say the least, "Tony and I really enjoyed eating breakfast with them and we did a lot of laughing."

After we bought groceries, at the big H-E-B, our last stop was at Wolfmueller's Books. I needed to purchase a copy of my book, Road To Utopia: How Kinky, Tony & I Saved More Animals Than Noah, because I wanted to send it and my three other books to our new friend, Jim, that Cindy and I met, while on our "book research trip."

The reason for wanting to send Jim (James Everette) my books was because he had nicely surprised Cindy and me, by leaving two of his fantastic music CDs, that he had secretly slipped, early in the morning, in the door handles of Sparky, before we woke up, packed and took off. "Thank you, Jim. We love your music and have a safe trip."

Sparky, is the name that I gave to our fabulous and fun to drive, silver, KIA Soul rental car. Cindy and I loved taking turns driving Sparky, until Sunday afternoon, when we were heading back home, on I-10. It happened around Sonora, when Sparky's "Low Tire Pressure" light came on.

While Cindy drove I checked the Soul's manual about under pressure tires, I said, "Cindy, it says that the tire or tires could heat up, blow up and come apart and possibly kill us. Thank goodness I wrote that holographic will last week."

A few minutes later, we swerved into a filling station and drove up to the air thing, to check our tires, even though neither one of us knew how to do it. While Cindy and I walked around, staring at Sparky's tires, trying to figure out which tire looked under pressure, I said, "Cindy, I have no problem asking a man to help us. I'll use the "old ladies card." Then I went inside the convenience store and purchased an air pressure gauge, for under two dollars.

While Cindy and I were trying to get the dang tire gauge, out of its packaging, this big pickup pulls up and a nice cowboy, probably in his early forties, jumps out of it and starts walking past us. "Excuse me sir, my sister and I are old and we rented this car for a trip and the "under pressure tire" light came on. Could you please help us, because we don't know how to do it?"

Then this nice man, wearing a big shiny belt buckle and a tight green t-shirt, says, "Sure." Then he took my tire gauge and quickly started checking the four tires. After checking three of the tires that were fine, he checked Sparky's rear passenger tire and he looked up and said, "It's this one. It's fourteen pounds low." So I dropped four quarters into the red and silver, air box and we stood back and watched him put the right amount of air into it. "That light should go off now."

After thanking him for helping us, he asked us where we were from. "I'm from Austin," Cindy said.

"And I'm from Medina," I added.

The cowboy chuckled and then he looked at me and said, "Howdy neighbor. I live between Medina and Kerrville, on 16." Then Cindy and I started laughing with him and then I told him that Tony and I lived, off of 16, too. Then we adios-ed each other and wished each other a safe trip.

And that's about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening.

No comments: