Saturday, September 27, 2014

Air Vents!

Today has been great and not so great for several reasons, so I've decided to tell you the not so great part first.

Yesterday, while eating lunch with our great friends/volunteers, at the Medina Highpoint's Koyote Grill, I was telling our friends about my sweet Little Debbie chewing off the corners of our pillow cases, on the bed. "Between her ruining our nice, expensive pillow cases and Tony's dog, Beau, chewing holes in our old bedspread and top sheets and then the top of our new bedspread, we just can't have anything nice....We love our dogs dearly and I guess it's the price that we must pay, because we wouldn't trade them for the world."

This morning, while it was still raining outside, I woke up to discover Little Debbie chewing a gigantic hole in the new, cheap blanket, that I had bought last week. I got it, so I could put it on top of our once pretty bedspread, in hopes that it would protect what's left of it and hide Beau's latest hole.


After I took this cute picture of Little Debbie, looking innocent, I nearly fainted, because she had obviously, during the wee hours of the morning, been busy chewing several more holes, in the cheap blanket. 

Once I had recovered from her bedlam, I took these pictures of some of her unwanted air vents that she had created. 




After drinking my first delicious cup of H-E-B Texas Pecan coffee, I removed our shredded linens and cheap blanket, filled with holes, from our bed, and washed and dried them, before Tony returned home from the Old Timer, in Medina.

While cooking Tony's breakfast I told him about Little Debbie's destruction. "...All I can say is, "Thank goodness, that blanket cost less than $25.00."

"Don't buy anymore like it," Tony replied. "She'll just tear it up like she did this one."

Before washing the breakfast dishes and cleaning up the kitchen, I put the cleaned sheets, bedspread and cheap blanket back on the bed. Then I laid out the two chewed up pillow cases corners and chewed up pillow cover's broken zipper and took this picture. And please note the large, black hole in the blanket, near the top, that Debbie had created overnight.



Then I made up the bed, hiding the chewed up corners of the pillow cases, under the bedspread and the cheap blanket. And please note the huge hole, that Beau chewed, at the top of our bedspread, awhile back.


Okay, that was the bad part and now it's time to tell you about what made my day great. Late this afternoon, Brian Molnar, Kinky's, Chet O'Keefe's and our dear musician friend, that often tours with Kinky, on the East Coast, came over to visit Tony and me!

We had a blast visiting with Brian. After we had caught up with each others latest news, I showed Brian my amp, that Chet likes a lot, and the guitar looper I recently purchased. While we were talking about his music and recent tour, I got my guitar out of its case and plugged it into the amp. Then I asked Brian to please play us some of his songs, from his latest CD.

Oh my goodness! Brian's songs were so fabulous they kept giving me goose bumps. Brian played for over forty minutes and neither Tony or I wanted him to stop. I took this picture of him just before he quit playing my guitar. Please click Brian Molnar to find out more about our good friend.


And that is about it for tonight.

No comments: