Sunday, August 10, 2014

In Toronto!

Today has been great. After Tony and I did our morning chores outside, I decided to deep clean the kitchen and the big room and after Hazel and I had cleaned the rooms like never before—I got creative.

First, I found an old turquoise colored bandera of mine and cut it up and reupholstered the small, red bandera bed, that I keep my Yoda (Boston Terrier) sandicast on, to help tie it in with the rooster clock. It's on the sconce.

Then I decided to paint my old, faded, baby pink spice rack, near the stove. And yes, I painted it turquoise too, and I love it. Then I found the old SOAPS sign that I had made seven or eight years ago, for us and our friends, so I could  repaint the letters turquoise, red and blue. Then I rehung all of the other signs, in the kitchen, to make things balance.

I was really on a roll and couldn't stop myself, so I went into my office and found my old, checkered flower pot with cherries painted on it, that I've had for over twenty years. And after I had cleaned it up—I planted some ivy in it and put it on the kitchen table, where it had originally been when I bought my trailer, back in 1995. Then I changed out my barn-red, cloth napkins with my red checkered napkins. 

Then I cooked us a healthy, delicious vegetarian lunch. After I had cleaned up the kitchen and told Roy, Belle and Beau that I loved them—Kinky called me from New York City to check up on me, because he was concerned about how sad I was about losing Mama. We had a nice chat and I reassured him that I was going to be okay, even though my heart still hurts, because I miss my great, Great Pyrenees so much. "Kinky, every night, for over the past twelve years, I've always said, 'Come on, Mama. Let's go to bed, girlfriend.' And I haven't had much sleep either, because she's not here any more and....Oh, Fay might be coming to your show tonight."

"Great. Please let her know that I will also be doing a show, in Toronto, either Thursday or Friday...."

After Kinky and I adios-ed each other I switched out my pink, flower mason jar vas, that was in the kitchen, with the turquoise flower mason jar vas, that was in in the big room, next to my banjo and guitar. Then I switched out the purple flowers for the yellow flowers and this is what I got.

Then I took a short, sleepless nap with our three dog, that slept like logs. And that is about it for tonight, because I want to watch 60 Minutes, because they are going to do a piece on GoPro cameras, like the one I got for Tony's birthday. The golf tournament is still on, but should be over sooner than later, so I think I'll go pop some popcorn for Tony, our dogs and me, so we can eat it while watching 60 Minutes.

Y'all have a great evening!

7:25 Update: The popcorn was delicious and the golf tournament is still on. I hope Phil Mickelson wins.

1 comment:

Fay said...

Ian and I will be at Hugh's Room in Toronto on Friday to see Kinky. Can't wait! xo