Sunday, March 30, 2014

Yellow, Red & Pink!

Today has been great. This morning after Tony and I did our chores outside, we cleaned up, because we had to go to Kerrville to run a few errands and get back to the ranch before the kids from the Medina Children's Home came over to walk our dogs for us.

Before we left, I called Kinky, "Kinky, is it okay for us to come over? I have a book to give to Chet."

"Sure, come on over. Dylan, Chet and I are sitting on the front porch."

Four minutes later, Tony and I walked around the side of the Lodge to find Kinky and his friends. After howdies, I said, "Chet, you are going to love this book, as much as Tony, Kinky, Carol and I do." Then Kinky leaned forward to see the book The Art of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein, in my hand.

"That's a great book," Kinky said. Then Tony and I had a fun visit with the guys for about ten minutes, before we took off for Kerrville.

Our first stop was Office Max, so I could get a few things needed for our upcoming concert. Then we went to Home Depot, because Tony needed to get some ranch supplies and I wanted to buy some flowers. After that, we went to Randy's & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant and ate a delicious lunch.

Our last stop was at H-E-B, on Main Street, to get gas for Buttermilk and a few needed groceries. To save time, Tony let me out in front of the grocery store, so I could start shopping, while he went and filled up the Expedition.

When we got back home, Tony helped me carry the two heavy, hanging baskets with beautiful flowers, up to the trailer, because my elbow was really aching bad, probably from carrying around the heavy dog food bucket, earlier this morning. Here are three pictures that I took of my new yellow, red and pink flowers. (Please note how big the pink basket of flowers is, because they are the ones that Tony had to carry for me. They cost me $24.99 and I bet they weigh at least fifteen pounds, but they are so beautiful—they are well worth the money.)




As I finish writing this tonight, it is very windy outside and I hope that the pink flowers, in the hanging basket don't blow off of the hook and fall to the ground and get crushed from its own weight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: