Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Aussie Friends!

We had a blast Sunday night, at the Ronny Cox House Concert, at Liz and Jim's ranch. We intentionally got there early, so I could get Ronny to sign my banjo, because I thought that he had played the banjo, in Deliverance.

After Jim had greeted us, he saw me carrying my banjo and he smiled and said, "Nancy, I asked Ronny if he would mind signing your banjo and Ronny said he would be glad to, but he would have rather signed your guitar, because he doesn't play the banjo. In Deliverance, Ronny played the guitar, in the famous dueling banjo scene." We all started laughing and I was the last to finish laughing, at myself, for being so stupid. And to prove it, Tony took this picture of Ronny signing my banjo, for no reason. And I am betting that as Ronny signed my banjo, he is thinking—"And she's stupid, too!"


After Ronny had signed my banjo, Jim came up to me and said, "Cousin Nancy, we have four bar stools, upstairs, if y'all want to watch the concert from up there."

"Sure," I said.

"Go remove your names from the seats that y'all have already picked out and go upstairs and put your names on the bar stools." And we did exactly that.

Ronny's concert was fabulous. We loved his music. He is a wonderful entertainer, singer and songwriter and when he sang, Sanctuary, about a foal, I teared up. I found a YouTube version, of him singing Sanctuary, in case you want to check it out. And to say the least, "We had a wonderful time and the food was delicious." Here's a picture of Carol and me with Ronny Cox during a break.


Monday was great, but it started out bad for me, because of Daylight Savings Time. At 8:30, when Tony came into the bedroom, Mama and I were sound asleep. I was dreaming a happy dream about Ronny Cox really playing the banjo, in Deliverance, instead of the guitar. "Nance, Karon is here to pick up Ginger Rogers and she is ready to drive her to her new home, in Abilene," Tony announced.

In my sleepy fog, I said a few cuss words, because Mama accidentally stepped on my stomach, before jumping off of the bed. "What?" I asked. As Tony repeated his words, I climbed out of bed, looking for my robe. "Okay, let me wake up. I'll get Ginger's adoption papers ready..." 

Ten minutes later, we thanked Ms. Rogers for being such a great house guest. We wished her luck in her new forever home and then we adios-ed this sweet, precious, little dog.


The rest of the day was uneventful, but Kinky, Tony and I were thrilled about Ginger getting adopted.

Monday evening, around 8:37, the phone rang and I let Carlton take the call—until I was pretty sure it was Jeff Severson, The Singing Safety! Jeff, used Lorri's cell phone to throw me off and his Bob voice, but this time he said his name was Bill. "Hello, this is Bill. I am a religious man and I need to talk to you about those two saints—Saint Bernards...:"

"Hi Jeff! I know it is you."

"I'm sorry, ma'am. My name is Bill..."

"Jeff, I know it is you and thank goodness you called me. Carol and I have been going crazy trying to figure out why you haven't called." Jeff started laughing. 

Jeff told me that he and Lorri are still laughing about my debut singing performance. "Cousin Nancy, today I was talking with a recording company about my new CD. They told me that they weren't interested in my music, but they did want to sign you up for a record deal..." 

After a fun time laughing and joking with Jeff, we adios-ed each other—then I called Carol and told her all about Jeff's phone call. "Nancy, I am so glad that he called you, but beware. Knowing Jeff, the way I do, I bet he still has another prank that he is planning to play on you, in the near future and..." 

When I got off of the phone with Carol, I went back to Tony's office (man cave) and told him about Jeff calling me. Tony smiled and said, "I know. Ten minutes ago, I was on Facebook and asked Lorri to ask Jeff to call you..."

Today has been great. I asked Tony to please wake me up at 6:00 and he did, so that I would be awake and ready to do Big G's popular radio show.

This morning, after Tony and I did our chores outside, I decided to stay outside, so I could kill some Thistle that is sprouting up. An hour later, when I was nearly done removing that awful weed, the dogs started barking, because a truck was at our gate entrance.

I was in the middle of the rescue ranch, halfway from Kermit and halfway to the gate, so I decided to walk to the gate, to see who was here, but I didn't have to walk all of the way, because Carol waved, as she walked towards me. "Hi, Carol. Is everything okay?" Carol laughed.

"Yes. I need Tony to open my spray pump for me, because I'm not strong enough to open it. It's tighter than a drum." Then we heard Kermit start up and watched Tony drive up to us. Thirty seconds later, Tony had unscrewed the lid for Carol and he was teasing her about being a weakling. We visited for about thirty minutes and then Carol adios-ed us and drove off, in her big pickup.

As Kermit took Tony and me up to The Cabin, he said, "Nance, I'm starving. It's nearly 1:30..." When we walked inside our trailer (The Cabin) the phone was ringing, then I heard Kinky's voice, "Nance, Tony? Tony, Nance?"

"Hi Kinky. We just walked inside. What's going on?"

"Is it a good time for me to bring Colin and Alan over? I want to show my Aussie friends, the rescue ranch and I want them to meet you and Tony..."

Five minutes later, with Tony nearly starving to death, we went outside and greeted Colin, Alan, Dylan  and Kinky. Then we came inside The Cabin, for a short, fun visit, because Kinky wanted us to go outside, into Outer Space, so we could visit some more. 

Fortunately, thirty minutes later, when they had adios-ed us after another fun visit, Tony wasn't on his death bed, but he was close. So, I quickly fixed him a delicious, peanut butter and jelly sandwich and saved his life, in a jiffy. And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: