Wednesday, March 12, 2014

No-Shows!

Today has been great. This morning, before Tony and I went outside to do our chores, we went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and Brian Molnar. I took my computer and that cute, Bandera County Courier newspaper insert, This Is For You, Cousin Nancy !, about Jeremy Clyde, finding a fabulous forever home.

Kinky loved seeing the picture of Jeremy, all curled up and sleeping and he enjoyed reading about Jeremy's good fortune. While we sat around, in Kinky's kitchen, I opened up my computer and told Brian and Kinky about Chet O'Keefe and me playing a pay-back prank on Jeff, The Singing Safety and they thought it was a pretty funny prank.

When I played them the short audio clip of me singing, off-key, with Jeff and ruining his great song—they burst out laughing, as did Tony and I. "That is absolutely hilarious, Nancy," Kinky remarked. "That could go viral!" I agreed with Kink, but I told him that Jeff had not given me permission to release it.

When I told them about the great Ronny Cox House Concert, at Jim and Liz's ranch and confessed to them about me thinking Ronny played the banjo, in that famous Deliverance scene and me getting Ronny to sign my banjo—they burst out laughing, again.

After I cooked us lunch and cleaned up the kitchen, Tony and I jumped inside Buttermilk and took off for Kerrville, to run several errands.

Late this afternoon, while I was baking a peach cobbler for Tony, Karon, from the Medina Children's Home came over to take pictures of Bee Spears, because her sister is thinking about adopting this great eight-year-old dog, that used to live on Willie Nelson's golf course.


While Tony and Karon were outside taking pictures of Bee, Kinky called me. When I told him that I was baking a peach cobbler and asked him if he wanted some of it, his answer was, "Yes. That sounds great, but Tex, Bob, Alan and Colin should be here soon, and Brian Molnar is here, too. Do you have enough for them?"

After I told him, "Yes," Tony and Karon came inside The Cabin, because Karon wanted to show me some pictures that she took, earlier today, of three of Ginger Roger's pups, that are all living in forever homes, across the street from us, at the home. Needless to say, "They were precious and two of them looked just like little Ginger and the other one looked more like a Beagle."

Twenty minutes later, after Karon left, Tony and I ate some peach cobbler, topped off with Blue Bell's delicious Vanilla ice cream. Then we took the ice cream and cobbler over to Kinky's.

When we arrived at the Lodge, Kinky and Brian were there, but Kinky's Aussie friends, Colin and Alan had not yet arrived and Tex and Bob were due to arrive at any time. While we waited on Kink's other friends, we had a fun visit with Brian and Kinky. 

I told them about Bee maybe getting adopted and they were thrilled for him. "Kinky," I said. "If Bee gets adopted, I am thinking about adopting his roommate, Dale Evans. She is only about one and a half years old and she is a very sweet dog and she has been through he** and back. Because she isn't very pretty and is still missing some hair, I am afraid that no one will adopt her because of her looks. I know it sounds stupid, but a lot of people only want cute or good-looking dogs. It's a real shame. Brian, when we rescued her, she was in such bad shape and totally hairless, because of mange. Our vets told us that they wanted to keep her for at least a month. She had heart worms, was anemic and had all kinds of problems. And they kept her for over five weeks. She and Bee love each other and I love her, too."


Forty minutes later, Kinky's friends were still no-shows, so Tony and I adios-ed Brian and Kinky and came back home. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I love, love, love your stories. I live in a very small apartment and they don't allow pets, otherwise I would adopt one of yours in a heartbeat. Thanks for all you, Tony, and Kinky do to protect God's creatures.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Shiela! Thank you for the nice comment. Come see us when you can.