Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Getting To Know You!

Today has been great. Early this morning after playing telephone tag with Becky, we finally connected. Becky called a few days ago and left a message that she was interested in coming out, to possibly adopt one of our dogs.

This morning when we talked, Becky told me that she was interested in our older female dogs. She had gone to our web site to look at our dogs and she was interested in meeting Maggie May, Roxanne, Dusty aka La Toya Jackson and Mandy.

I really enjoyed talking to Becky, on the phone and I liked her. It was obvious to me that she was a very nice woman and a big time dog lover, so we decided that it would be best for her to come out this morning, while Tony and I were outside doing our morning chores.

When Becky arrived we were almost finished with our chores. She and I visited for a few minutes, while I finished feeding Miranda Lambert and her brother Blake Shelton. Then I showed her Maggie May, Roxanne, La Toya and Mandy.

Becky was really interested in Maggie May and Mandy. So she got her adorable, rescued dog, Eddie, that she had rescued at the H-E-B, in Kerrville, out of her truck, to see how our girls would react to him. Eddie, that Becky had named in honor of H-E-B's owner, because she rescued Eddie at one of his grocery stores, was not real thrilled about the "getting to know you" deal, but he acted like a little gentleman when he was introduced to them.

After the meets and greets, Becky told me that she wanted to give Maggie May a try, so I went up to The Cabin and prepared Maggie's adoption papers. Fifteen minutes later—Maggie had been adopted and Tony and I were thrilled about it!


Because I wanted to give Maggie a bath and clean her up, before going home with Becky and Eddie, we agreed to meet, in Medina, at 4:00, to deliver Mag to Becky.

After Becky had left, Tony and I ate lunch and during our meal, Tony suggested that he take Maggie May to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic to get her groomed, because it was cool outside and it was starting to rain.

At 12:30, Tony loaded up Maggie May, in Buttermilk and then they took off for Kerrville, so Mag could get her hair done. While they were gone, I caught up with some paperwork, e-mails and phone calls.

At 3:58, when we pulled up in front of the Bandera County Veterinary Clinic, in Medina, Becky was already there waiting for us, inside her pickup. After greetings, Becky, Tony and I went inside Dr. James Lindstrom's vet clinic, to visit with him and his sweet receptionist, Ginger.

Ten minutes later we went back outside. Tony then uncrated Maggie May and gave her to Becky. Even though Mag was a little nervous, they posed for this picture, before Becky hugged her and took her to her new home.


And that is about it for today, but before I finish writing this, I want you to know that the reason that I didn't write anything last night, was because Tony and I were at the bus station, in Kerrville, at 9:20. We were picking up Chet O'Keefe, because Chet had driven Don to his sister's house, in Austin, in Don's car, early yesterday morning. And when we got back home, we went straight to bed.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: