Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Buttermilk Lives!

Today was sort of great, because Buttermilk, our 2001 Expedition died. Before we did our morning chores outside, Tony called Balser's Northside Automotive, in Kerrville and they recommended that we use Jimmy's Towing Service, to get Buttermilk to them. So, Tony called Jimmy's Towing Service to come pick up Buttermilk.

While we were outside doing our chores, a nice man, working for Jimmy's Towing Service arrived and our dogs got to barking. Tony took off, in Kermit, to see if he could help the tow truck driver.

It only took the driver about fifteen minutes to pull Buttermilk up, on the back of the tow truck and as the driver passed by me, I smiled and waved, as I said, "Thank you!" I was in Maggie's and Merlin's pen, so he stopped near their pen and rolled down his window.

"You're welcome, Cousin Nancy," he said, wearing a big, friendly smile on his face. Then he slowly drove away, with Buttermilk strapped down, on the back of Jimmy's giant, dark blue tow truck.

After Tony and I had finished feeding the dogs and cleaning their pens, we went up to The Cabin, so I could start cooking us lunch, which is always our big meal for the day. As I was washing my hands, in the kitchen sink, Tony said, "While that man was loading up Buttermilk, he told me that he hears you on the radio, when you do Big G's and Harley's show."

Around 1:30, Matt, at Balser's Northside Automotive, called me too give me a quote on how much it would cost for the towing and to replace Buttermilk's fuel pump. My reply was, "That's fine. Please fix her." And the good news is that Buttermilk will be up and running late tomorrow afternoon. Buttermilk Lives!

Late this afternoon, I took a short nap with our dogs, but ten minutes into my sleepless nap, the phone rang and I got up, because I needed to take the call. After talking and adios-ing Kinky, I grabbed my camera, in hopes, that I might be able to get a picture of my best friends, sleeping on our bed. And please note, that they are sleeping on that old quilt that Beau has spent his life time destroying. (The good one, stays folded up, in the bedroom chair and it is only used when we have company that don't know us.) From left to right: Mama, our twelve-year-old rescued Great Pyrenees, Beau "The Destroyer" and Roy Rogers hugging Belle.


After taking the picture, I did some paperwork, then I went outside, to work on my Space Ship, that I love and enjoy fixing up. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: