Friday, February 7, 2014

The Legend Of Ricky In Kerrville!

Today has been great. Early this morning, before Tony and I went outside to do our morning chores, we went over to Kinky's, to deliver a dozen eggs to him, because our chickens, The Golden Girls, have gone crazy laying eggs.

While we were over there visiting with Kinky and Chet O'Keefe there were several different conversations going on, in the big room. Tony and Chet were talking about Tony's famous relative, Big Foot Wallace, while Kinky and I were having discussions about the weather and our upcoming Concert for Utopia. Then out of nowhere Tony tells Kinky and Chet, "Fourth and I are going down to Port Aransas, on the twenty-second, to pick up Rick's beekeeping equipment that he is giving to me."

"Cool," Chet said.

"That's great," Kinky remarked. "So, you're going to be a beekeeper."

"Yeah, and Nancy is going to help me."

"I don't think so," I mumbled, which made them laugh.

"Tony, I bet that you get stung a lot," Kinky teased.

"No, I'm not, Kinky. I've already got a bee suit and a bee helmet," Tony bragged, as Kinky started chuckling about Tony having a bee suit.

"Nance, you've got to blog about Tony's bee suit tonight. Are you going to get Nancy a bee suit?"

"Tony, I don't want a bee suit," I said, before I started laughing. "I'll help you (long pause) eat the honey, but I don't want to be around the bees." Then I intentionally changed the "to bee or not to bee" subject. "Kinky, I've forgotten his name now, but you know that man named Ricky something, from Kerrville, that came out here a few years ago. He was real funny."

"Nance, I don't know anybody named Ricky, in Kerrville," Kinky stated.

"Yes, you do," I argued. "He's from Kerrville and he had a long beard and."

"I promise you, that I have never known any man named Ricky, that lives in Kerrville, with a long beard," Kinky said, before all of us started laughing.

"Dang it, I wish I could remember Ricky's last name," I said. "Ricky is about your age and he is an old friend of yours."

"No, he's not," Kinky argued. "I don't have any friends named Ricky, in Kerrville."

"A few years ago, when he came out to visit you, he brought his German Shepherd puppy with him that was real cute. It had real tall ears. Remember?"

"Oh, that Ricky! Yes, I know him, but I can't remember what his last name is either," Kinky confessed, followed by a chuckle. Chet and Tony started laughing.

Then Tony mocked Kinky and said, "I don't have any friends named Ricky, in Kerrville."

After Kinky had quit laughing at what Tony had said, Kinky asked me, "So Nance, what did you want to tell me about Ricky, in the first place?"

"I can't remember now, after that long conversation." Then I started laughing about me forgetting. "Kink, don't go worrying about it. It wasn't important, because if you'll remember, you don't have any friends named Ricky, in Kerrville." A few minutes later, Tony and I left the Lodge, with two men inside the kitchen—still laughing.

P.S. Chet fixed Trigger earlier today, so Trigger lives, once again! "Thank you, Chet!"

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: