Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sooner Than Later!

Yesterday was great. Before Ann, our dear friend, came over for a fun visit—Kinky called me. After we had talked about The Friedmans, the great news about Daisy getting adopted to a great home and the weather, Kinky told me about him and Brian rescuing a young male cat.

On Monday, when Brian and Kinky were leaving the Brownsville Spay and Neuter Clinic, he spotted a terrified cat, that was trapped on the side of the freeway access road and the cat's head was dripping blood, because it had probably been grazed and cut by a passing vehicle.

He and Brian went to rescue the endangered cat and after several minutes of trying to convince the kitten that they were the good guys, the cat finally walked into Brian's hands for help. And, by the time they arrived back at the spay and neuter clinic, to get immediate treatment for the cat, Kinky had named the cat, Lucky, and it was purring and resting safely, in Brian's arms.

Before Brian and Kinky left the clinic, again, he happily paid the veterinary cost to treat Lucky, knowing that Lucky was going to be fine, sooner than later. Kinky also told me that the good people, at this spay and neuter clinic, in Brownsville, promised him that Lucky, after a full recovery, would be placed, in a great home. And this morning, Brian e-mailed me this picture of Lucky, after the veterinarian had treated Lucky for all of his cuts and bruises. To say the least, "Kinky is thrilled to have been able to help save this lucky cat and if you live in the Brownsville area—go adopt Lucky!


Today has been great, too. Late this morning, Tony and I jumped into Buttermilk, to go run several errands, in Kerrville. Our first stop was at Karen and Mark's home, so I could pick up the beautiful Concert for Utopia posters, that Karen had designed, so Tony and I can get them up around town.

Our next stop was at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, to put up the Concert posters. Then we swung buy Gibson's to get another jar of Udderly Smooth skin lotion for Tony, since I've confiscated that first jar. And as we were about to leave the store, Ann's brother walked up and greeted us. We had a fun, but brief visit with Ann and her family, before heading over to Dr. Hubble's chiropractic office, for Tony's 1:30 appointment.

This time I took my iPad Mini with me, so I could pass the time playing Scrabble. And yes, once again my stomach started growling loudly. Thankfully, there was this older woman than me, sitting in the lobby reading a magazine. When my stomach made this gut-wrenching sound, I laughed out loud and said, "I apologize for my stomach growling so loudly. As soon as we leave here, we are going to eat lunch." 

Then this sweet, senior citizen chuckled and said, "I understand and it is not bothering me one bit." After she had to listen to about ten more of my screeching, stomach serenades, her husband walked back into the lobby and as they were leaving, she turned around and winked at me and said, "Good luck with your problem. I've really enjoyed sitting in the waiting room with you today, because now I have something funny to tell my husband." Then the door closed behind her.

After having won five Scrabble games and Tony's chiropractor had helped improve Tony's back problem, we went to the big H-E-B, on Main Street, to get some groceries. Then Buttermilk took us home.

Late this afternoon, when our dear friend, Chet O'Keefe, came over to visit with us, I thanked him for letting me be the first person he has shared his awesome song, The Highway, with. (The other day he e-mailed me a copy of it.) "Chet, I am not kidding you, Tony and I cannot quit listening to it, because we love it so much. When Tony listened to The Highway song, for the very first time, he could not believe how great it was. It blew him out of the saddle. And your lyrics are so beautifully written, they are still giving me goose bumps and your voice and your music behind it all cannot be matched. We are hoping that you will sing it at our concert..." 

Tomorrow, I plan to get everything ready for Jim's and my trip to the Boerne Library's Local Author Expo, this coming Saturday, between 10:00 and 2:00. I have already boxed up copies of my four books that I have written, but I still need to go to the bank to get some petty cash, so I can break a ten or twenty dollar bill when needed and I  need to print out some information sheets about my books and our rescue ranch. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I was just recently directed to your blog by Sean Rima. I love it and look forward to each new entry. I live not very far from you in Bandera so I am familiar with some of the places you talk about. I really appreciate the wonderful work you do. Thank you for making my day with your blogs.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Sheila! Thank you, for making a comment. Please come visit our rescue ranch on any Saturday, between 10 -3:00, except not this Saturday, because I won't be here, because I will be at the Boerne Library's Local Author Expo. I look forward to meeting you and giving you a tour. We love Sean Rima!