Sunday, February 23, 2014

Thank You, Kris & Jim!

Yesterday was great. It was basically a quiet day, until Heather, from Missouri City and Mary, from Kerrville, arrived. These two, very nice women had come out to see our rescue ranch, because Mary has recently started reading my blog.

After Mary took a picture of Heather and me, I gave them the grand tour. First, we walked, from pen to pen, so I could introduce them to all of our rescued dogs. Then, with Tony's help, we went into my pink writing cabin, while Tony held Kate Middleton in his lap, so she wouldn't get out of The Okay Corral. Katie is temporarily staying in The Okay Corral, because we are over capacity, until Daisy and Roscoe get picked up.

Because the women loved my cute cabin, I invited them to go into Outer Space with me. At first they weren't sure if they wanted to, until I explained, "It's our screened-in porch." After a fun, but short visit, in Outer Space, I invited them to come inside The Cabin. And to say the least, "They loved it, too. And they could not believe that our trailer is over thirty-years-old and only cost me $7,000.00, in 1995."

Before they left, we talked about our love for Roy Rogers & Dale Evans and my love for my rescued dog, Roy Rogers. Because I liked Heather and Mary a lot, I wanted to give them copies of my Cowgirl Sisterhood novellas, so I went back into my office, grabbed copies of my books  and signed them to them. Then we adios-ed each other.

Today has been great, too. This morning Mama and I overslept and we thoroughly enjoyed snuggling with each other. (For those of you new to my blog, Mama is my twelve-year-old, rescued Great Pyrenees.)

This morning when Tony and I went outside to feed the dogs and clean their pens, it felt like Spring was in the air. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and the dogs all seemed to be smiling and I loved it.

Having done our chores outside, I decided to put our plants, that have been inside, into Outer Space, so they could enjoy the beautiful weather, too. I know that winter isn't officially over and it is more than likely to freeze again, but I don't care, because it is very easy for me to bring our plants back inside, in under three minutes.

Before I started cooking Tony's and my lunch, I checked my e-mail. My dear friend Jim, who lives in California and spends his time traveling around the world, sent me a very funny video to watch about how men's and women's brains work differently and I am still laughing about it and I wish that I had known the truth when I was twenty-years-old. Click here to watch it and please let me know what you think.

It is now 12:30 and I have decided to take the rest of the day off to stop to smell the roses, because I was way too busy this past week. But before I go, I do want to do a shout out to my dear friends, Kris and Jim, "The Mineral Man." Because this past Friday, when they were out here, I was telling them about me getting nervous about having to drive by myself to Boerne, on March 1st, for the Patrick Heath Public Library's 1st annual Local Author Book Expo, from 10:00 to 2:00, because Tony has to stay, at the rescue ranch between 10:00 to 3:00, for our Saturday's Open House.

Before I could finish my sentence, Kris said, "Jim can do it, because I am going to be attending a stained glass workshop all day." Then Jim chimed in, "Nancy, I would love to drive you to Boerne. Because I have nothing to do all day, except stay at home and babysit Charlie, (Their adorable, rescued Westie.) until Kris comes home..."

So I want to say a big, "THANK YOU, KRIS & JIM, for taking that stress away from Tony and me!" And, I do want to invite all of y'all to come see me (and Jim), at the Local Author Book Expo, in Boerne, next Saturday. I know it will be a lot of fun, because I alway love seeing my friends and meeting new people. And I cannot wait for my dear friends, Cheryl and Walter to meet Jim, because I know that they are going to hit it off and become good friends quickly.

Y'all have a great day and evening!

No comments: