Saturday, October 20, 2012

Port Aransas!

Yesterday was great and today has been great.

Yesterday, even though my sinuses and eyes were draining like Niagara Falls, which is good, Jim, Eileen, Lisa, June, Ellen and Kris and Jim, "The Mineral Man," our wonderful friends/volunteers came out and walked our dogs for us. When each vehicle showed up, I told them about Kinky wanting to give most of his plants away and wanting to know if any of them wanted some of his plants. Kris and Jim were the only ones interested.

So when everyone took off for Koyote, to celebrate my birthday, Jim, Kris and I went over to the Lodge, so they could check out the plants and ten minutes later, I helped them load up four plants; three cactus and a fern that was over sixty-years-old. Yes, the day before when I was over at the Lodge, Kinky had told me that his one fern was at least sixty-years-old.

When Tony and I walked into the Koyote Kafe, everyone was there, including our dear friends Sandy and Jon Wolfmueller, which Eileen had secretly invited, so I would be surprised. Our lunch was filled with laughter and it was so much fun and the gifts they gave to me were really cool.

I had planned to write a blog last night, but when I was outside putting the Golden Girls into their Egg Palace, I came up with the character for my dear friend, Maribeth. When I had talked to her earlier that evening, when I asked her who she wanted to be, she said, "Just make me young and beautiful."

So, at 7:20, when I returned to The Cabin, I started writing about Maribeth, on my fiction mystery, novella, cliff hanger and when I had finished, it was past 9:30 and I was exhausted from my writing.

Today has been great. This afternoon at 12:15, Rick's friend Lisa from Con Can, arrived on time, to pick up Goldie Hawn, because she was going to Port Aransas and had offered to transport Goldie to her new family, that has a nine year-old-son who was anxiously awaiting to meet his new best friend. And I want to thank Rick, "The Friendly Lighthouse Keeper," for helping us get Goldie Hawn adopted and Lisa for transporting her down there.

Lisa told me before leaving, that she should be delivering Goldie Hawn to her new forever family around 7:00 tonight and I wish that I could be there, to see the little boy's face light up, when he gets his new companion. And that is about it for tonight, because my eyes are still draining and blurring my vision.

Y'all have a great evening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goldie made the trip and stayed the night with Lighthouse Rick since her new buddy, Wylie, was a on a weekend trip with his mom. Goldie made an excellent travel partner and her pleasant demenor made the miles go by fast. ~ Lisa

cousin nancy said...

Hi Lisa! Thank you so much for transporting that super cute little dog, Goldie Hawn, for us to her new forever home. I'll bet you that Goldie and Wylie are already sleeping together tonight.

Ruth Bethea said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday celebration but heard it was great fun (very fitting). Let me add my "happy returns of the day" to the many you've received and may you have lots of happy surprises in your future!!
The other Ruth xxoo