Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Born On A Mountain Top In Tennessee!

Today has been great. Early this afternoon we ran a few errands, in Kerrville, before meeting Les & Denise, Jim & Kris and Deb for a fun lunch.

Our first stop was at the Salvation Army to drop off three bags of Kinky's old clothes. Then we swung by Stan's music store, Melody Corner Music Center, to drop off my guitar, so I could get Stan to restring my guitar again, because the strings that I had decided to try out, made my guitar sound muddy. "Stan, I should have listened to your warning that I wouldn't like these copper strings..." Then we left my guitar there and went down the street, to meet our friends for a really fun lunch, that was filled with hilarious stories and laughter.

After lunch we went to the craft store, so I could buy some etching cream, because I wanted to try etching our drinking glasses with paw prints. Then Buttermilk took us home.

When we arrived back at the ranch, UPS had left a big, plastic covered box for me, at our entrance gate. "It's for you, Nance, from Todd Miller, in California. Who's he?"

"I don't know, but don't open it, yet, because I want to take a picture of it.


After I shot the box, Tony removed the plastic and opened it for me. Inside the box, we found a shipping notice with this sweet note: "Happy Birthday Dear Cousin Nancy. We are all out of the same mold, so blessed to be of the same era. With love and admiration, Walt & Cheryl." Then Tony opened a box that looked like a giant egg carton and inside it was a bottle of, Fess Parker Winery Pinot Noir 2009 wine. 


"I love this, Tony! That is so sweet of Cheryl and Walt to send this to me for my birthday. I love Fess Parker. Besides Roy, I also wanted to marry Fess," I confessed. "Do you know that he was born in Fort Worth too?"

"No." Then Tony started laughing and slipped the coonskin topper on it, which made me laugh too, because it was so cute. "Nance, this is box one of two. Cheryl and Walt have also sent you four tasting glasses with the coonskin cap logo. I bet it gets here tomorrow."


Then I went on YouTube to listen to, "The Ballad of Davy Crockett," in Walt Disney's 1955-1956 TV miniseries Davy Crockett, that my family never missed, where he played Davy Crockett in. And now I can't get the song out of my mind, because as a four-year-old kid, it was one of my all time favorite songs.

"Cheryl and Walt, I love y'all and I cannot thank you enough for my wonderful birthday presents. I am going to save the bottle of wine for a very special occasion, like the next time y'all come out here." And that is about it for tonight, because I've got some writing to do on my hilarious mystery novel, The Cowgirl Sisterhood: The Membership Drive.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: