Sunday, October 7, 2012

Beau Bridges!

Today has been really great, because last night, after I had written for four straight hours, I got up this morning and asked Tony, "Would you mind if I took today off and not do the morning chores outside, so I can spend today writing, because I am really on a roll with my book and it is really pouring out of me, faster than I can type it?"

"It's chilly outside and overcast. Please stay inside and keep writing, I don't mind doing the outside chores."

So when Tony went outside to do our work, I took a fast shower and then I put on my baggy sweatpants, a navy blue turtleneck and slipped a pink sweatshirt over it and then put on my socks and then slipped my feet into my favorite pair of pastel colored Crocs.

I was ready to write, but before I sat down at the kitchen table to work on my mystery novel, I needed to set the mood, in the big room. First, I turned on my Bose iDock and put on my favorite iPod playlist and the first song I heard was my most favorite song, Harvest Moon, by Neil Young.

As Roy and my dogs watched me, I then plugged in the twinkling strings of white Christmas lights that decorate our walls, and then I found my DVD, Ambient Fire: The Ultimate Video Fireplace, removed it from it's case, shoved it into our DVD player and ten seconds later, it was like magic—a fake fire burned and made crackling sounds from time to time, on the television screen. I was ready to write! Here's a picture I took of Beau Bridges watching my every move, as I set the mood and I apologize for it not being crisp and sharp, because it was not set on the setting that I normally use, but it is still cute and that shining, little light between his ears is a Christmas light, he wasn't having a light bulb moment.


At precisely 10:00, I sat down and started writing and all day today, except for fixing lunch and going over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky earlier this evening—I've written non-stop for over nine hours and I love what I have written.

And that is about it for tonight, because my eyes are tired and I am exhausted from all of my writing that I did, so now I am fixin' to pour me a glass of fine, red boxed wine and watch the fake fire, that is still burning inside my television.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Fay said...

You found your bliss yesterday, what a wonderful blog Nance!
Fay

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! I have found my bliss and by the way, you are one of the main characters in the mystery novel. Thanks for commenting.