Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bon Appetite!

Today has been great. It was nice and quiet and I was able to catch up on all of my paperwork and that makes me happy.

This is going to be a short post tonight, because there's nothing to write about today, which is good, because I am going to have fun in the kitchen this evening, baking two Cousin Nancy's Spinach Omelets, Cousin Nancy's Peach Cobbler and making a large bowl of Cousin Nancy's Tomatillo Dip, because that is what Tony has asked to do, because it's his turn, along with several other people, to furnish the food, at his Texas Master Naturalist class, tomorrow.

I doubt if I am going to work on my mystery novel tonight, because I spent too much time earlier today working on the computer and also because my eyes are tired and my back is a little sore and I need a break from writing. And that's about it for tonight. Bon Appetite!!

4 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Nancy, David and I had a GREAT hot sauce (ok so it wasn't really 'hot' like we Texans know 'hot') in Oklahoma City (that's why it wasn't really 'hot' - it wasn't in Texas) that consisted largely of tomatillos, but it had a little 'kick' from an 'extra' ingredient - pineapple juice! Try adding it the next time you make green sauce for tortilla chip-dipping!And call it Cousin Nancy's Green Chip Dip Sauce or something like that. And I won't tell anybody that it's not your original recipe.

cousin nancy said...

Okay! I will and thank you for letting me steal your recipe. FYI: you and David are mentioned in my mystery novel, if it is okay with y'all.

Mari of the NoMads said...

Only one question - will we be famous or notorious after people read about us in your mystery novel?
LOL

But say you didn't have to mention us - we would have bought a copy anyway...... Oh yeah that's right - now we'll have to buy extra copies for our moms and our kids and all our friends and .....!

Sayyyyyyyy....did you major in marketing, by any chance?

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari. Thank you for making me laugh with your comment. In my mystery, you and David own a really big sheep ranch, near my friend, in Northern New Mexico and someone recently has cut your fence and...

In my mystery, I have yet to have a conversation with y'all and to describe you two, so let's do lunch sooner than later.

And I don't have a marketing degree or majored in anything, because I never knew what I really wanted to do, so I never graduated from college.