Monday, October 15, 2012

Catching The Red Eye!

Today has been not good and as write this short post tonight, I am trying to find some humor in what has happened to me this afternoon. As you know, last Wednesday, I began having allergies and everyday it has gotten worse.

This morning I woke up with a bad sore throat and my nose was completely stopped up, so to help keep this story short tonight I am leaving out some details. I knew I had a full blown sinus infection, so I took an antibotic and plan to keep taking it for the next ten days.

This afternoon my left eye began blurring, aching and oozing, so I looked into the mirror and my left eye was completely bloodshot, so I showed it to Tony and he said, "I bet it is Pink Eye."

So I got on the Internet to look up Pink Eye, and discovered that there are two kinds of Pink Eye and one of them is associated with allergies and infections, now I wanted to cry and feel sorry for myself, but I didn't dare, because tears probably wouldn't fall from my left eye.

After keeping a cold wash rag on my eye, I immediately sent our friend/volunteer Eileen an e-mail to let her know she might need to get a replacement speaker, because I might be a no-show, at the luncheon that she had asked me to talk about our rescue ranch. "Eileen, I still want to do it, but we definitely need a backup, because I will not go out in public, looking like a scary Halloween monster."

About an hour ago, I looked into the mirror again, to see what my Red Eye looked like and I cussed at it, because my right eye is turning pink, but not totally red, yet.

Tomorrow morning, Tony has volunteered to get me an eye patch, in Kerrville, but now I'm thinking that he might get me two, just in case Righty turns red, too. Before I finish writing, I just want to know why they call it Pink Eye, when they are dark red.

Beau update: He is fine, but we can't pick him up until Wednesday, because they want to watch his wound heal. I have just called Kinky, to ask if I can come over, for a second, so I can show him how ugly I look.

Y'all have a great evening, because I'm definitely not, (Poor Nancy) because my left eye keeps blurring and it makes it too difficult to write.

6:00 Update: When I went over to Kinky's he chuckled about how scary I looked and then tried to cheer me up, by telling me his doctor, in Austin, had just told him the other day, because his allergies were so bad, he had to cancel a trip to Chicago.

After I showed him the hilarious birthday card, that Ben had given to me on Friday, he laughed and laughed. "Stay positive, Nancy," were his final words to me before got into Trigger.

"I am trying to. I just wish it was Halloween, so I could go out and scare people. Adios."

When I came home and walked in the door, Tony was sitting at the kitchen table talking to someone and then he says, "Here Nancy," and he hands me the phone.

"Hello?" I said, not knowing who it was. Well, it turned out to be Sandy and Jon, on their Speakerphone and we had a fun visit, making jokes about my Red Eye, which unfortunately isn't pink, because it would look pretty next to my blue eyes. And before we got off of the phone, Sandy asked Jon to tell me about this crazy cure that they had recently read about in the newspaper. "Tell me, Jon!"

Sandy and Jon started laughing and when they had finally quit laughing Jon says, "It's supposedly a cure for everything, but it sounds stupid. You ought to try it though to see if it works."

"At this point, I'll try anything to get to feeling better.

"Okay." It says that," then they burst out laughing again, which caused me to start laughing "It says that you are supposed to rub Mentholatum on the heals of your feet and put white socks on and then sit in a chair, with your feet propped up."

As they laughed I said, "I'll do it tonight! I've got white socks and a half of a jar left of Mentholatum."

"And don't blog about this, Nancy," Sandy teased.

"I won't. I promise," I lied. "Y'all have a good evening. Adios." Then I went into the bedroom and started rubbing Mentholatum on the heels of my feet.

7:15 Update:  Tonight I am going to play my guitar and write a song and call it, "Red Eyes Crying In The Rain."

2 comments:

Karin Pohlmann said...

Get well soon, Nancy!I hope mentholium and white socks did work!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karin. Thank you for the cute birthday card that you and Air Gun sent to me. It made my day, yesterday. I am finally starting to feel better, thank goodness and antibiotics.